another one of these, i know :/ (My screen was yellowish than the on display model )

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Harinoorvirk28, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Harinoorvirk28 macrumors member

So you guys by now are probably tired of seeing these threads but here we go.

got my iphone 7 gold 32 yesterday in the mail after 4 days of wait(pretty good eh) online order .
    went to best buy today and decided to compare my screen with a model on display there.
    My screen was yellowish than the on display model they had. so i checked if the other iPhone had something in the display accommodation changed but no, nothing filtered! so my question is shouldn't the display be the same as the other iPhone and not yellow? while there isn't anything changed in the settings? should i go get it replaced?
    after spending $1015 on this thing i expected better :/
    oh and not to mention everyone thinking its the iphone 6 hahhaha

2. Hansana macrumors regular

It's normal. Enjoy your phone.

3. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

If you're unhappy with the phone, I would absolutely get it exchanged while you're in the return period.

Have you tried modifying the screen colors yet?

Go to Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> Display Accomodations -> Color Filters

Edit: here's a link to an article that may be helpful.

http://osxdaily.com/2016/09/16/yellow-screen-iphone-7-fix/

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Display color temperatures vary within an acceptable range. I believe Apple has shifted the default color temp so the displays will be a little yellower than they used to be.

If you can't stand it, return it. But chances are it's normal.

5. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

I like the warmer screen of my 7+, compared to my 6S+. When I hold both phones up, and look through the two screens with Camera app. The color of the 7+ was much more realistic. The 6S was too blue.

6. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

And the store models do have the screen brightness maxed out as well and add the overall store brightness, might make it appear brighter.

7. Rudy83 macrumors newbie

Rudy83

You'll get used to it. Whenever I look at my iPhone 6 or Nexus 6P, it now feels as if those screens are too blue, instead of this one being too yellow. But in the settings you can pretty much make it exactly the same as the previous models.

8. Harinoorvirk28 thread starter macrumors member

9. engine007 macrumors newbie

If your screen is even and balanced - it's fine. The issue many people have is that their screens are not even, there is more yellow at the bottom.

10. Plumber007 macrumors member

Plumber007

that's what i have and I'm perfectly content. Taken with a ipad pro 97 under 2600k led lighting. it's a Somewhat darker
    image than actual judging by the bic crystal blue cap. you decide if you got a premium device?

[​IMG]

11. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Then why make another one?

12. AttilaTheHun macrumors 6502a

AttilaTheHun

maybe is set to night mode?