Another Police video violating people's rights!!!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by LIVEFRMNYC, Jul 11, 2014.

1. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

Approached for no reason
    Cuffed for no reason
    Slammed on the hood and lifted in the air for no reason
    Punch by back up officer for no reason
    Search without consent / consent was refused

NSFW due to language.

2. zin macrumors 6502

Would be really interested to find out what the officer's probable cause was.

3. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    If he didn't want to be arrested, then he shouldn't have been out walking around while being black.

4. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Imagine the nerve of the guy...and now, watch, he'll starting whining about be busted and beaten up for walking while black is unfair.

Those people are just so hard to understand!

:rolleyes: <----just in case..

5. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Culture of victimhood, man. No one has any personal responsibility anymore.

6. LIVEFRMNYC thread starter macrumors 604

I'm black, you guys think I should turn myself in? I been on the run since birth.

7. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

You're obviously guilty of something, being black and all.

Save yourself a lot of broken bones...turn yourself in and let them figure your crime.

;) :rolleyes:

8. G51989 macrumors 68030

G51989

Use Police logic.

You aren't white....walking on a sidewalk.....at night....

You clearly committed a crime. You just didn't realize it :mad:

/s

That aside, the police are going insane in America, and Police wonder why the people stopped trusting them

9. Ledgem macrumors 65816

Ledgem

This is pretty awful. I'll echo zin and say that I'd really like to know what the reason was for the police to stop this man. I don't know that I'd believe their statement as being true, but I'd like to hear it anyway.

I wonder how much of police behavior like this is a matter of baiting people. I once saw a traffic stop altercation in a parking lot, where the police drove into the lot right as I was parking my car and getting out. One of the men involved was speaking very angrily and was raising his voice at times. It's understandable - a car accident that becomes a dispute and escalates to the point where police are called would be pretty nerve-wracking.

I was pretty shocked by what happened next. The police officer began yelling at the top of his lungs, "why are you yelling at me?!" a few times.
    "Because I'm nervous!" was the reply shouted by the other man.
    "Keep it up and you're going to prison!" the officer hollered back. A threat like that seemed unprofessional and like an abuse of authority. Within a few seconds the man was in handcuffs, pinned up against the police cruiser, and a second police car was rolling into the parking lot, lights flashing. The man was taken away. (Might not surprise anyone, but he wasn't white - looked to be of Middle Eastern-descent, and had no accent.)

Granted, it's a bad idea to get into a shouting match with a police officer. The video posted above also shows some missteps on the parts of the entourage; heckling the officer, making remarks, and getting close are actions that ramp up the tension level. But the officers in the video and in my story did a very poor job of de-escalating the situation. They're the professionals; isn't that what they should be trying to accomplish? How does yelling at a man who is nervous after experiencing an auto collision calm him down? How does slamming a man against a car do anything to calm down his group of friends who are watching.

Some people surmise that officers like these are bullies, looking to throw their weight around against anyone that they can. I wonder if there's more to it than that; that maybe they're trying to incite people to do something that would qualify to have charges brought against them. Raise the tension, get people worked up enough to make a misstep, and then charge them with something.

Sadly, it's believable. I remember watching a video series from a former police officer who gave a lecture or two on why you shouldn't talk to police. He admitted that he and his unit would try to get things out of people to be used as evidence against them. Getting people talking is one thing; why not go one step farther and get someone to actually do something? It certainly makes it easier to "fight crime" when you can slowly generate it on the sidewalk beside you, instead of having to hunt for it and potentially find yourself in an uncontrollable situation.

10. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

Looks shady, but I need more info.

Personally, I don't trust cops, and have no illusions about them being here to protect my rights or keep me safe. I grew up in Brooklyn, and I'm not white, so I've seen my share and been harassed enough to know the deal.

And yes, we do live in a police state. When you roll up on someone, detain them, and assault them for no stated reason, you know the constitution is in free fall.

11. Hieveryone macrumors 68030

Does anyone have an update?

This is awful. I'd like to hear the police got arrested for this and went to jail ideally.

If not that at least got fired.