Another problem (?) with 3rd IP5 Replacement

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cuti, Oct 9, 2012.

1. cuti macrumors member

Just got back from Apple store to exchange the 3rd IP5 due to scuffs. I checked carefully at the store and found no scuff, no ding, was very happy to bring it home.

Just using the soft cloth to clean the phone and discover another cosmetic problems

1- The back of the phone, half of the border line between the black glass and the aluminum is not level, using my finger to swipe from the aluminum cover down to the glass, I can feel clearly the rough of the glass line. The other half and upper top border lines feel very smooth.

Is it normal ? Does this have potential to crack the glass part later on in future, or will it make the aluminum back cover bend gradualy ?

Can you please check your phone to see if your phones have similar issue or just my phone.

Thanks

2. iDabble macrumors regular

go back for a 4th replacement, but this time don't leave the store until you find something wrong with it, then get it replaced again.

repeat until you've exhausted the store's entire supply of phones and customers with real issues can't get their phones replaced.

if you look hard enough, you're going to find a problem with anything and everything.

3. kousuke18 macrumors regular

very smooth transition from the aluminium to the glass portion on mine

4. cuti thread starter macrumors member

Why I did not complain or exchanged any previous I4, I4S ? simply because they were perfect in term of cosmetic look.

Reason I choose the iphone becasue it is not just phone, it is a complicated PC and piece of Art, I am enjoy to use to hold and looking at it, so I want it perfect with no cosmetic problem.

Another thing, it costs me total of $2000 for 2 yrs of contract, with the same amount you can purchase a very nice 60" LCD 3D Samsung TV now a day.