Another Prototype iPhone 6 is Listed On eBay

seabj0rn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2014
Any idea how many of these are out there or what the background is on these prototypes? What are each of the apps used for in testing?

Here's the link to the listing: <a href="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-iPhone-6-Sprint-Gold-64GB-Prototype-in-Developer-Mode-/251679777995?pt=Cell_Phones&hash=item3a9948a4cb">iPhone 6 Prototype in Developer Mode</a>

terraphantm

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2009
Pennsylvania
Based on there being a box there, I'm guessing it's not a prototype. More likely that they forgot to load the real firmware. That happens every now and then, even with the first iPhone. Still could be useful for jailbreak developers

Quu

macrumors 68030
Apr 2, 2007
A frankenphone and a leaked phone are two different things. But fine, you're right. Fire Tim Cook. :rolleyes:
I don't think he should be fired. He's doing a great job. But he shouldn't make statements he can't keep. That's all I'm saying. I quite like Tim.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Ebayer lied in the description by saying that last prototype sold for $100,00 and referencing a MR article. :rolleyes:

This auction will most likely be shut down by Apple just like all of the others.

Last edited:

Mr Hands

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2014
Ebayer lied in the description by saying that last prototype sold for $100,00 and referencing a MR article. :rolleyes:

This auction will most likely be shut down by Apple just like all of the others.
Yeah I sent the guy a message about that. I also told him he was out of his mind for asking that much for a phone :p

yaboyac29

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2014
Apple did a pretty good job in keeping the Watch a secret.

Or the new Mac Pro.

Or Apple Pay.
that's because very little were being manufactured when they were announced.

when you're mass producing a product, it's more likely for it to get leaked as it's in many hands.