Another reason to like Ms. Clinton

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thermodynamic, Feb 8, 2016.

1. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

I've other reasons, but let's focus on this one for now:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/hillary-clinton-navient_us_56b7a886e4b01d80b246b214

The economy has also been held back because of high college costs - again, it doesn't matter who backs the loan but the fact that:

a. companies demand people with college degrees, even for entry level jobs
    b. college has no real competition
    c. the value of college goes up, 1120% more than in 1978
    d. the great recession prompted a lot of people to go back for the credentials needed for a job
    e. supply and demand prevailing, that is a core reason why the costs have skyrocketed

Hiring adjuncts and shoving more students into each class only dilutes the quality of the education even farther, thus giving companies a fair reason to say students are not adequately trained...

...especially if colleges are putting out outdated material - which happened to me and I think I still have enough proof but with tens of thousands of students, there's going to be a ton of proof everywhere of how colleges have failed the students and the system...)

So even companies admit there are problems, often as reason to offshore and there is some truth to that statement.

And the students are all stuck in the middle, which is not right nor fair.

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

College is only worth it IF you get the right skills , what's the point of going into debt if the job market is pretty much gone? TTP will kill plenty and COs like Disney are able to hire skilled workers with visas. Our kids face a nasty future

3. Meister Suspended

Meister

Wow. That really changed my mind about madame Clin-ton.

Her warm and comforting statements sure make up for taking away peoples rights and all the murder, terror, war and just general horror that she helped create in the middle east and now pretty much everywhere else.

You go girl!

4. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

When she was being questioned about the tragic deaths in Benghazi, Hillary's flippant, rage filled outburst "what difference does it make" was very revealing of her true values that mirror those of a criminal.

If Chelsea was killed I'd bet Hillary would care.

Face to face with the parents of victims, Hussein promised he'd "get to the bottom of this."

Just like Hillary, nothing has been done other than to spin the story into denial for political purposes.

Cold, heartless and irresponsible, this is the Progressive Democrats in action. In Hillary's world human life has no value, babies included.

5. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

@Meister, @maxsix You guys, honestly. Here's a snapshot of what the New Hampshire pre-primary conversation is focused on today, per Facebook. Not only is none of that stuff y'all go on about even in there, it's interesting to me that neither is immigration. And fascinating that campaign finance is at the top. Remember the days when journos always sighed and said "yah, the public doesn't really care about campaign finance as an issue..."

TheConvoFBNHFEb82016.jpg

6. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

You know what else would help, stop going to a 4yr university when you have no clue what you want to major in to spend the first 2yrs getting drunk and losing you pants while polishing off your Gen Ed's. Or better yet, don't spend $15k a year to be an art major when you're color blind and can barely dress yourself with any sense of coordination (buddy of mine).

7. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

I used to work at a theater way back when for minimum wage, along with me were a lot of Psych/Liberal Arts majors with a mountain of debt in student loans.

8. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

You'd think Psych degrees would be a budding commodity now in a country where people feel they have a right to not be offended. Hell, you would have thought sensitivity training would be a booming industry at the present.

9. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Ridiculous. Being an art major can land you the cushy job of National Security Advisor to Republican Presidential candidate Ted Cruz.

10. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

That and if you can't decide what you want, at least go to a four year public university in your State where the cost of tuition gets cut to about a third so you don't take on the extra debt associated with out of state tuition, never mind the loans you're taking out to stay in a dorm. Dumbest thing ever is going to a College you want o go to because mom or dad did, even if you don't even know what the hell you want to do in life.

There's also a reason for Junior Colleges. It's there if you can't decide what you want and you won't spend a fortune figuring it out.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 9, 2016 ---
    Or more likely a job flipping burgers at McDonalds, assuming you can tell the right color wrapper is being used. Maybe you're just the fry guy then.

11. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

True story about the color blind art major. Guy works at Sportmart, now sports authority. Started in high school and is still working there for obvious reasons. Buddy and I go there at 8:45 to wait and pick him up after the store closes. Woman in the fitness section wants him to get down a purple gym bag from up on a shelf. First attempt, pulls down a green one. "No, the purple one she says". Second attempt, a black one. Lady is getting irritated, "THE PURPLE ONE!, she said in a stern voice. You could see him sweating and on his third attempt he pulls down a blue bag. Now my friend and I are standing there in full amusement. She belts out, "Are you ****ing retarded". To which we are dying laughing. Finally he says, "Lady just point". We go up to her and tell her he's color blind, now she's mortified.

12. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Although I can't say what will happen long term, it seems that Hillary positioning hersel in the middle in prep for the National election, was a misstep because for the primaries she is being out maneuvered on the left by Sanders whose populist theme is making inroads with the idealist youth vote, vital to winning a National election. The question is, if she prevails against Sanders will the youth be enthusiastic and support her?

13. Desertrat macrumors newbie

What difference does it make what she says on the campaign trail? Look at what she's supported in the past, what she's done in the past. (IMO, it's mostly bad.) What she's saying now only works for those who have only short-term memories. Same deal as for 99% of candidates.

14. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

True, this is one of the reasons I still like Rubio, regardless of his poor debate performance. In Florida when Republicans held both Houses, he still reached out to Democrats even when he didn't have to. Personally, I don't care what side one is on, if they want to work together I'll support them. However, this is spot on, during a primary it's all going to be hyperpartisan or they'll never even reach the General Election gate.

15. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Here's How You Know Marco Rubio's Robot Gaffe Is Serious

Rubio: Mr Robot-
    "Barack Obama ia purposefully ruining the United States" or something like that, how many times? ;) I wonder what President Obama is being accused of doing to ruin the U.S.? Usually stuff like that must be backed up.

16. XrayTed macrumors regular

XrayTed

17. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

That's a good point. If Hillary wins over Bernie, how many Bernie supporters will not show up to the polls? Trump is almost a sure thing for the Reps.

18. k995 macrumors 6502a

https://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/democrats-vote-for-trump/2016/01/09/id/708859/

20% apperently, a lot of people really have a bad image of clinton.

And the way she is currently behaving thats just going to increase.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 11, 2016 ---
    Sanders has traction in just about every demograph if we go by exit polls from iowa & new hampshire .

And Hilary already moved quite a bit to the left, I dont see how much more she can move without copy pasting sanders program?Although if she figured that would make her win the elections it would have already been done.

19. Meister Suspended

Meister

V for vagina.

20. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Huntn, my two main gripes against Obama: First, the foreign policy horror-show of the "Arab Spring". Libya in turmoil, with Khadafi's weaponry going to ISIS, Al Qaeda and Boko Haram. Add in the coup d'état in Ukraine and the infamous Nuland phone conversation. The debacle that we've created in Syria. (Russia is in Syria by invitation. We are trespassers, invaders.) All this is causal to the refugee problem which is overwhelming Europe. Way too many dead bodies. My cynicism says that his NeoCon handlers (which included Hillary when she was SecState) probably figure, "What does it matter? They're just wogs."

Then, his appointees and advisors for monetary policy. Bernanke and now Yellen, among others. That's the primary cause for the vast increase in the disparity of wealth and the horrible impact on savers from ZIRP.

Doesn't matter if it's deliberate or just foolishness: Same result.

21. Dmunjal macrumors 65816

I'm glad people are figuring this out. I voted for Obama in 2008 but quickly realized it was a mistake when he kept Gates as Defense Secretary and appointed Geithner as Treasury Secretary. Nice hope and change from the two biggest failures from the Bush administration: Iraq and the financial crisis.

It looks like the military industrial complex and the Wall Street lobby got to Obama before he was even sworn in.