Another religious (?) shooting

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Mac'nCheese, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

2. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Obviously. Another terrorist attack by right wing extremists. But we're supposed to be afraid of refugees...

3. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

I'll take these types of mental cases vs what Paris went through. Keep the refugees over seas please. We don't need them.

4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Er, why?

Because mass shootings kill more Americans than Europeans, even including Paris...

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

How about we wait for further information before we label the attackers? Or do you have any proof of your claim?

6. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Can't we call a spade a spade?

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Sure we can. Can you please provide proof or evidence of the attacker being a right-wing extremist?

8. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Not in Obama's America.

9. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

The fact that the shooter is targeting a reproductive health clinic?

If liberals had claimed that the people conducting the Paris attacks weren't muslims, or that we should "wait for proof" of who the attackers are you'd be claiming it was political correctness gone mad.

Sad times.

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

No I would not have. I do not deny that @zioxide might be spot on, however, as of this time, there has been no supporting evidence of that. So, I'll ask again, do you have any proof or evidence to support the claim that it was a "right-wing extremist"?

11. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Considering the target, it's a safe assumption they're pretty right leaning, and considering their actions, they're probably pretty extreme about it.

Kinda the same way that if someone firebombs an animal testing clinic, you could probably say they're left-wing extremists.

12. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

A simple "no" would have been sufficient.;)

Again, I agree that that is probably true, but we don't know for sure at this point. All I'm saying is lets wait to get some information before we start throwing around labels of who is responsible.

13. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

glad you will except such things others won't accept any of it. lets except the bad people but blame the unproven. white Americans have already surpassed killings over Muslims since 911. but hey no biggie as long as it is NOT a Muslim. The right will except anything as long as it is a white person doing it it seems.

14. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

because a few local mental cases is better than what EU has where the wolves are already present and now beginning to strike. yeah, their attackers were locally born. too bad they let those people in years ago to begin with. the US Has made the same McSteaks but they are likely under heavy surveillance. Hopefully we keep the rest of the potential wolves out and over where they belong. Hopefully we learned something from the Boston Bombings.

15. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

a few???? Jesus you are so callous and lack of empathy is scary. it seems like you care less who white people kill that seems acceptable. but a Muslim well thats so much worse somehow.
    USA: 207 Mass Shootings In 2015 Alone, Only 1 Committed By A Muslim

In their June study, the foundation decided to examine groups “engaged in violent extremist activity” and found that white extremists were by far the most dangerous. They pointed to the recent Emanuel AME Church shooting in Charleston, S.C., and the 2012 attack on a Sikh temple in Wisconsin, as well as many lesser-known attacks on Jewish institutions and on police. They found that 48 people were killed by white terrorists, while 26 were killed by radical Islamists, since Sept. 11.

16. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

I don't count a nut-job firing off in a church a terrorist. I however also don't care if you want to go hug a middle eastern camel farmer who's kids might decide to go all crazy on our ass. Again, let me know when you actually spend some time with them over there and we'll have a beer about your experiences. Trust them if you wish, I never will and for good reason.

17. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

I can't help it if you pick and choose what is a terrorist or mass shooter. like I said it seems it is perfectly ok if a white person goes crazy on a bunch of kids as long as it is not a "Camel farmer"

18. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Correct. Don't forget to include a handful of black guys too though.

19. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

I am surprised no one has turned you in here for the racist remarks. lets see how long you go without a warning.

20. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Well, its certainly possible it was a Muslim anti-abortion extremist doing the shooting. But I doubt it.

Interestingly enough, security concerns at the clinic are high enough that it is equipped with a "safe room" suppled with bullet-proof vests. Initial reports are that police believe the shooter may have been wearing one of them.

21. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

it is bad that the courts ruled that anti abortionists don't have to stay back now this is going to ramp up the violence again.

22. pdqgp, Nov 27, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2015

pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

How are my remarks racist? You said whites, I corrected you and added in the fact that you've missed several which were blacks; and they were. The US Has Cattle Farmers, they have Camel Farmers. Hit trip adviser if you don't believe me. I've been to a couple want pics?

23. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

You guys are as bad as the Republican politicians trying to politicize Planned Parenthood. According to the most recent news, the shooting has absolutely nothing to do with Planned Parenthood other than the initial 911 call originated from there because the shooting happened near that location.

24. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

When the shooter is dead, will Planned Parenthood sell his organs?

25. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Is this supposed to make any of us feel better? Because I don't know what is worse: The fact that extremists feel compelled to shoot up medical clinics. Or the fact that there are just enough random shooters blazing away in America's strip malls that by pure chance one opened fire near one of the tiny handful of Colorado abortion clinics.