Another Republican Pervert Exposed

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Agathon, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Agathon macrumors 6502a

Agathon

For all those who delight in the fall of the morally righteous. :)

This man should be hounded from decent society as an enemy of the family and the Christian way of life. :)

2. Turkish macrumors 6502

Clinton?

3. Queso macrumors G4

What??? A hypocritical politician??? My faith and respect for those in authority is shattered!!

Shattered I tell you!!

:p

4. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

I assume you are sinless? :confused:

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I don't get it.

He made a mistake many years ago, he confessed and apologised to his wife (which I respect him for despite his mistake), and he and his wife sought marriage counseling.

And? Sounds like an OK guy who made a mistake and knew it. It's better than most men and women who cheat, cheat again, continue to cheat, and never admit it until s/he is caught.

6. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

For christians is it really admirable that god comes before you wife or family? Or is just mentioning god a number of times what's important?

7. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

He's a politician from Louisiana. This just makes him one of many to do something that may cause outrage. Only difference is that he had already told his wife and dealt with it (remember, this is just the publication of it), rather than denying it.

8. imac/cheese macrumors 6502a

This is kind of like asking if saying, "Global Warming" several times is all that is important or does there actually have to be some substance to the statements. Just saying God does not really mean much and many politicians just do it to cater to the religious base.

To answer your first question, it is not only admirable to put God before your family and wife, Jesus actually required it.

Luke 14:26-27 "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters—yes, even his own life—he cannot be my disciple. And anyone who does not carry his cross and follow me cannot be my disciple."

Matthew 10:37-39: "Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it."

9. Queso macrumors G4

And people wonder why I completely deride religion as nothing more than population control for the deluded :rolleyes:

10. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Man, that jesus was one demanding dude! Hey jesus: expectations are premeditated resentments... oh wait, is that why pesky sinners are sent flaming to hell? What a loving scenario indeed.

holy crap.

A little more on the topic, ok, naughty naughty senator. move along.

11. imac/cheese macrumors 6502a

According to Christianity, pesky sinners are not "sent flaming to hell." Pesky sinners that accept the sacrifice that Jesus made for them are granted enternal life in Heaven. It seems very loving to me that someone would give up their own life for you and if you wished to accept it, you could live forever in Heaven with them.

12. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Unlike the Mayor of L.A. and his affair with a Telemundo reporter. The only remorse he showed was that the affair was discovered and became news.

13. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

wow, one minute. must be a record.

14. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Cheating on his wife doesn't make him a pervert, either, "just" unfaithful. From the thread title, I expected to find that he liked little boys or something.

Still, one more conservative hypocrite. It's getting so commonplace that we've adopted this, "oh, again?" attitude. That's either funny or sad or both.

15. Queso macrumors G4

But in the meantime you should put this "someone", or rather those that claim to represent them, before even your own family and friends, all on the promise of something that you cannot possibly verify the existence of until you are dead. Take away any proof of the existence of "someone" in the first place and you pretty much have the Christian faith.

If it looks like a scam and smells like a scam, chances are it's a scam.

16. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Let's leave C-dogg alone.

I stlll don't get this thread. Can someone highlight the part of the story that's interesting? The man cheated on his wife. Ok, so he's not someone I like, nor do I agree with his actions. He made a stupid mistake. And? Non-politicians make this mistake all the time, and many don't apologise to their wife and family until they are caught, in which case the apology doesn't sound as sincere, as it is likely to do with the timing and the lack of upfrontness.

17. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

in and of itself, it's not, imho. i think the interesting part will be how widespread the ring was, and whether this will turn out to be a string of individuals seeking companionship (no big deal, imo), or a peek into an Eyes Wide Shut kind of alternate, sexual society among the DC "elite."

e.g. if, say, an entire senate subcommittee held "closed door meetings" late every thursday night and ordered up a small collection of women, i think that would raise some justified interest.

18. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

The notion of this thread is nothing new. Just another excuse to pounce on any and all things republican and scream "Ooh ooh hypocrisy, my god!", then whine like a child when someone mentions Clinton and his cigar-gate.

Abstract, you've been around here a long time, you should be used to this by now.

19. imac/cheese macrumors 6502a

It is not like Jesus is asking his followers to ignore their families' needs or hurt their families in any way What He is saying is that your love for God should provide a foundation for everything, including your relationships with your friends and families. The quote about taking your cross and following Him is all about sacrificing your own personal desires for the needs of others, including those of your family, just not exclusively.

20. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

I have mixed opinions about this. Personally, I do not condone infidelity, but I also just apply it to my marriage. Others must live by their own principles/values. However, if the person is of the ilk which wave’s morality in other people's faces, then he opens himself up to hypocrisy rebuttal. I do not know if this person has done that, or not.

21. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

So who do you believe, the politician or the prostitute?

And how do you tell which is which?

22. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

While his actions in the past were not representative of a good Christian, how he responded to them (genuine repentance) are. Everyone makes mistakes, but not everyone can fess up and confront them.

Also, would some please explain to me why this guy is a "pervert"...?

23. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

Sorry but Marx got to that statement before you did. :p:p:p:p

24. Queso macrumors G4

So it's just advertising then? Like Microsoft saying you need Windows as a foundation to get on the Internet?

25. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

Actually Christ would have trusted the latter before the former. Remember the parable about the women taken in adultery?

Yeah... gotta love them classes ya know?