Another Republican Voter Fraud Allegation

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Sydde, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Yes, Mr. Mitt Rmoney has a $10M home up at Lake Winnepesaukie NH, and a $12.5M home in La Jolla CA, but two years ago, he was living in his son's basement in MA. Otherwise, he might not have been able to vote for Scott Brown in the special election. MA state law says "where a person dwells and which is the center of his domestic, social, and civil life." so, for a normal person, that could be a difficult thing to demonstrate. Of course, Mr. Rmoney could probably afford to just pay off the state with much more than the actual $10K fine, because, well, the West Wing is at stake.

And, really, does this sort of thing make that much of a difference? The press would have us believe we want the president to be a squeaky-clean Boy Scout, when, in reality, most Americans want a president who is a more or less decent guy who can call on his dark side when we need him to.

Sometimes, I think this scandal microscope goes a little too far in practical terms. I mean, if I was in the oval office, there is no doubt I would have at least one indecent liberty, and the public would forgive me for it.

2. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Clinton is starting to look more like a Saint than ever before.

3. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Is the equivalent to Obama's "Birthers"...Romney's "Crashers"?

4. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

Since the article you cited in the OP comes from an online site that calls itself the Daily (Ron) Paul, I think term "pundits" would be a more appropriate than "press".