Another "WTF is wrong with people?" thread....

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by yg17, Jan 23, 2008.

1. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

[​IMG]

I can't say I'm surprised at all, sadly. BUT IT WAS JUST A MOVIE FOR ***** SAKE!

2. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

yeah, just a movie but that might have been, like, promoting tolerance for such atrocities as <gasp> homosexuality. pesky sinners!

3. imac/cheese macrumors 6502a

Extremely sad. God doesn't hate anyone. He loves all His people. I hate it when Christians exhibit such hate.

4. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

Some people are just really messed up, it was just a movie.

5. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

man, if i were god i'd be PISSED at those WBC twunts.

6. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Any chance someone can post the pic as an attachment? I know it's there, but websense is blocking it :mad: :eek:

7. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

sure dear...

Attached Files:

8. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

^ oh wow, that's nice.

http://up.*************/files/1/Images/Gifs/FookYouMouthed.gif WBC.

9. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

C'MON these guys are idiots IT WAS JUST A MOVIE & a very very successful movie i might add... won 3 academy awards. Heath's life and career should be celebrated not targeted by religious figures. rest in peace Heath...

besides why are they targeting the film and mainly the actor, Heath, when it was adapted from a short storey by the same name by Annie Proulx.

some people seriously... i just dont understand it! these people actually believe this stuff and stand by these words:

WTF? this brings great shame to my religion and especially my heritage. i am hurt and disgraced by this.

these people are basing a movie and actor on human behaviour from a more than 2000 year old collection of documents (The Bible). you cant expect every human being to behave like this. does everyone in this congregation believe this... i mean who in there right mind would sit there and think this is right? these people are not right in the 'ol noggin.

10. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

This is quite a well established fact when it comes to the WBC. Have you not heard of them? They also like to picket soldiers funerals with signs saying that god hates them too, because they are also fag enablers by way of being in the military of a country that allows for gay people to exist, rather than be executed or something. God also hates all of America for the same reason, and everyone in general really.

hey ho. f-em, that's what I like to say.

11. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I sure hope old man Phelps isn't wearing mixed fabrics during his protest...

12. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

its like they are celebrating Heath's death with that headline. so they think God will be fine with them doing this?

nah ive never heard of WBC but they sound like a bunch of redneck idiots, no offence to southern Americans im sure you are nice people and will have some simpathy for Heath and his family... but these people are idiots.

13. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

You know, one of these days I'd like to go to one of their protests with a big sign that says "God hates Westboro Baptists. And the rest us are none to fond of you either".

14. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

oh yes, in their minds he'll be pleased as punch.
    You've been missing out.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=379602&highlight=phelps
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=297707&highlight=phelps
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=292916&highlight=phelps

15. njmac macrumors 68000

njmac

Haha.... well now I know what to wait for. The head of the church (or the author of this trash) will be outed by a call boy. You heard it hear first ;)

16. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

I really like this! :D

17. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

I'd join you.

WBC, What a complete bunch of morons.

18. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

These guys came to my campus when Judy Shepard spoke here. It was really funny actually because they just stand there with their little signs yelling and if anyone comes over to them to say anything they get this "please don't kill me" look and hide behind the cops...

Its a shame that they are allowed to do this, I think it goes way beyond free speech when a community has to dispatch its police force when these people come to town, but that's just a personal opinion. :)

RIP Heath Ledger

19. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

I wonder if they've ever read the scriptures about judging others?

20. yg17 thread starter macrumors G5

yg17

I can't wait until Fred kicks the bucket....I hope a bunch of people show up at his funeral to protest with some "God Hates Fred Phelps" signs :D

21. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

This is exactly why I don't practice religion anymore. Religion, in my opinion, teaches people to judge one another and divides us.:mad:

"If you look back on history, all the good things and all the bad things that has ever happened, has been in the name of religion."

22. imac/cheese macrumors 6502a

Please don't take the WBC as represtative of those who are religious. These people are crazy extremists who do not base their actions on the teachings of Jesus. It is sad when people use these nutters as an excuse for not going to church. If you do not like your local church or do not believe in the purpose of the church or do not believe in what your church teaches, that is fine, but when you base your decision not to be religious on crazy people, you are doing your self a disservice.

23. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

Actually, and ironically, you just gave a wonderful description of where free speech begins.

24. furcalchick macrumors 68020

furcalchick

fundies like wbc are the very reason why i oppose them in elections. the fundies' doctrine is based on hatred for all that oppose them and they have this obsession with sex. too much us vs. them mentality in the fundie churches. and just spewing hatred for this guy and celebrating in other's misery when the family has suffered a loss seems very un-christ like. the wbc has more than a screw loose.

25. 2jaded2care macrumors 6502

So some people can't wait for Fred Phelps to kick the bucket, because he's hateful. And I'm sure there will be celebrations from some whenever Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity buys the farm, too (not to make direct comparisons to Fred Phelps). But, the "progressives" are "against hate", right?

I'm not trying to defend this guy or his antics, but sometimes it seems like the pot calling the kettle black. We decry the tribal violence in Africa, wonder how it can possibly still happen in today's world, and yet we have our own tribes we've created. Progressive vs. Conservative. (Some) Heteros vs. Homos. White vs. Non-white. Male vs. Female. Middle class vs. Upper vs. Lower. Religious vs. Non-religious. Even Mac users vs. PC.

I'm tired of the zero-sum rhetoric, most of it is hateful nowadays. It seems like if I don't see things the same way as others (and share their interests/beliefs/priorities/desires), then I'm "other" -- either idiot or purposely evil -- and deserve whatever they're flinging at me.

I don't think we are that far away from the African tribes and their hatred of each other. And sadly, I don't see this getting better anytime soon.