Antenna of iPhone 4 vs 4s vs Samsung Galaxy III

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Raeyin, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Raeyin macrumors newbie

Raeyin

I am shopping for a refurbished CDMA phone from Ting. I really want one with a good antenna as there are two huge hills between me and the signal tower nearest my house. Hindsight is 20/20, and I wish I had asked the phone models of friends & family that actually got signals out here. I do know that they all had CDMA phones.

The iPhone 4 is definitely within my price range, and the Samsung Galaxy III & the iPhone 4s might be. The best antenna would be worth trying to find the extra money for. There are other phones I could afford, but I have no confidence that they could hold up to iPhone and Samsung in this regard.

Does anyone have any experience that would help me with this? Thanks!

2. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

The Galaxy S3 doesn't have good signal strength so I would avoid that and to be honest, whilst the iPhone 4 (in a case) is better, no iPhone has especially top-notch reception in my experience. The 6+ and 6S+ are the best but presumably that's due to the larger bodies. Look for a Motorola if signal strength is your priority.

3. IHelpId10t5 macrumors 6502

If you have a major cell carrier that now offerers "WiFi Calling", then the most important consideration to you (assuming you have home Internet service with WiFi) is that you new phone supports this feature. In the case of iOS devices, you would need hardware that supports iOS 9. Whereas the iPhone 4S does, the 4 does not.

Get an iPhone 4S or better and you will possibly have better calling than ever before as long as WiFi Calling is available to you. I have recently turned off my MicroCell in favor of WiFi Calling.