Antenna reception better on iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by koigirl, Oct 7, 2012.

1. koigirl macrumors 6502a

koigirl

So I'm still debating whether or not to trade up to iPhone 5. I was definitely going to switch to Verizon and get the 5 but then found out there is still no simultaneous voice/data offered with Verizon iPhone 5 which is a dealbreaker for me. My reception on my ATT 4s, while better than the 4 which preceded it, is not great and I experience many dropped calls in my home and area. I was wondering if anyone has experienced superior reception since switching from 4s to 5?

2. DayOfChaos macrumors 6502

If your coverage is not that great, I don't even know why you stay with AT&T. Switch to Verizon, and get coverage that works for you. Your first priority is if you have good service, if you do then everything else is a bonus. If not, switch companies.

3. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

I've found the reception is the same as my iPhone 4. No better, no worse.

4. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

Switch carriers to get better coverage, not phones. Go to Verizon. :cool:

5. SAMtheGAM macrumors regular

SAMtheGAM

On average comparing 4S to 5 in field test mode the 5 gets similar reception to 4S. The 5 sometimes is 1 DB better.

I would recommend getting the AT&T micro cell to help improve reception in your home. I have one and can use the phone in my home.

In my area Monterey Park, CA Verizon & AT&T have poor reception. The leader here is T-Mobile & Sprint

6. koigirl thread starter macrumors 6502a

koigirl

Thanks for the input. My reception is not great but it's not terrible either. I really do use the simultaneous voice/data feature a lot and was waiting for LTE on Verizon to enable this feature but it still isn't available so I think I'm going to stay with ATT. I just thought I had read before release that the new model had an improved antenna so I thought I would ask for early adopters' opinions on it.