Anti-ACORN activist accused of trying to wiretap Mary Landrieu's phones

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Not surprised they took this one step too far, just wondering what took so long.

2. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Although a clear invasion of privacy, it would have been nice to hear what the hell goes on behind the scenes in politicians offices. :D

3. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Can't wait to see him and his buddies strung up. Especially the AG's son.

Felonies are felonies.

4. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

Not that we needed more proof, but I think this definitely casts doubts of suspicion on the guy's video evidence against ACORN and the theory that ACORN is "totally and utterly" corrupt.

If he's willing to break the law to smear "lefty libs" then I'm sure the portrayal he gave of ACORN is not accurate.

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Got any proof of that? If so, I'd love to see it.

If this guy committed a crime in Senator Landrieu's office then he should be prosecuted.

6. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

"Hi honey. What? No, I don't remember where you left the handcuffs. Did you look in the leather closet..."

Accountability is an appealing idea, but only if it is applied even-handedly, nevermind that bugs and transcibers are not known to be at all discriminating in terms of TMI.

7. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

Judging from how ACORN summarily fired the people involved I'd say they're a respectable organization.

They've been attacked before when trying to get a union started in neighborhoods. They were attacked the the Republican party in areas where they tried to register low income people (typically people who vote for Democrats).

8. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

So because he caught ACORN in wrongdoings, then was later caught trying to catch more politicians going at it, but broke the law doing so, his previous findings are not accurate? :confused:

9. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

It certainly destroys his credibility.

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

While I agree it does cast some doubt on it, there still is no proof that he did anything wrong in the ACORN matter.

11. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

He probably thought he was untouchable after his success with the ACORN exposé; he got burned.

12. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Not really, just shows the lengths he is willing to go to to bring down crooks. If he had caught incriminating evidence with the wiretaps this might have been a little different deal.

13. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

Actually if he wasn't an idiot, he would have realized any information he would have gotten would not have been admissible in court (I'm sure) and they "wrongdoer" which at the moment does not exist would have went free.

14. rhsgolfer33 macrumors 6502a

I don't know much about ACORN, but this is pretty bad logic. Its like saying, "judging from how Tiger Woods summarily entered sex rehab, he's probably a pretty great guy."

15. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

It would make sense to say he's a pretty GOOD guy (not great) that he has admitted he has a problem and is trying to do something about it.

If ACORN had denied they had any wrongdoing, that would be bad. But there is no evidence what this poser exposed is a wide spread problem. Even some of his evidence doesn't' support his agenda. In some of the clips, they were laughing at this tool and imho were messing with him.

16. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Who cares about court? Leak the taps to the media and they kiss their career goodbye, one less crook.

17. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

It's still a crime though and they're still going to jail. I don't know many people that are willing to sacrifice their freedom just to take down one person.

Was this guy investigating Republicans as well as Democrats? Both sides have their fair share of loons.

18. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Everyone interested in justice.

interesting to see the amount of trust you bestow in the media to check, double-check, and objectively report on such matters. Nonetheless you've been open in advocating trial by media now, something which will be interesting to see you justify in future threads.

Or in this case, if these men are convicted at trial, four more crooks.

19. Ttownbeast macrumors 65816

Ok what the hell is this ACORN thing and how has it affected me?
    besides the fact that I have seen it all over the internet for the last 12 months. I want DATA please not opinions

20. Shivetya macrumors 65816

accused? More like caught red handed.

I guess they figured that fame made them above the law, hopefully some jail time will force them to reevaluate their methods

21. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

These politicians are above the justice system, they are crooks and the only way to bring them down is to break the law.

22. IntheNet macrumors regular

IntheNet

Important point here that Andrew Breitbart rightly makes:
    http://biggovernment.com/2010/01/26/wait-until-the-facts-are-in/

"But there is absolutely no allegation in the criminal complaint that “wiretapping” or “bugging” is any part of this case, just the charge that O’Keefe and the others entered Sen. Landrieu’s office in New Orleans “for the purpose of interfering with the office’s telephone system.”

Not excusing the accused; just let's wait for the evidence here...

23. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

WTF? Spying on a Louisiana Senate rep? How far can the Patriot Act go or whatever BS they used as an excuse for wire tapping?

24. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Pretty sure the Patriot Act which Obama extended doesn't apply in this situation. This is a little vigilante action, if they were caught they go to jail, if they caught a crook they get a medal.