Anti-Gay Pastor: Parents Must ‘Squash Like A Cockroach’ The Gay Out Of Kids

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, May 1, 2012.

1. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

2. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

From the link:

Oh, this guy is so hiding something.

3. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Doh!!!

Look at his face.

And if the wife is not a beard, well, I have never seen one before. :D

4. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Maybe she just looks that way from leading a very lonely, desolate life.

5. Grey Beard macrumors 65816

Grey Beard

What a load of unmitigated horse droppings. I took a look at his church's web site, but couldn't find a spot to drop a pile of what I think of a hate filled sermon sullying this fine and upstanding internet. What a waste of space both he and his servile spouse are. I'd take both pleasure and pride in stamping them out just as I would a cockroach.

KGB:mad:

6. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

don't hold back say how you really feel :D

7. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

I wonder how this guy feels about gay marines who could snap more than his wrist in 2 seconds.

8. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

turned on?

9. leekohler, May 1, 2012
    Last edited: May 1, 2012

leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Where's kavvy to tell us all about oppressed "Christians"? Because, you know us gays are just as bad...oh wait.

Seriously, this is horrible, but not unlike what I experienced as a kid. My dad forced me to go out and play catch many times. I love watching baseball, one of my favorite sports to watch, but I don't like playing. Now if we had been in an ice rink with pucks, it might have been a different story. But it still would not make me straight. If anything, hockey made me more gay. Baseball was just not badass or challenging enough, TBH. :)

10. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

How would a 4 year old know what the hell it was even about?
    [​IMG]

11. MorphingDragon, May 1, 2012

MorphingDragon macrumors 603

MorphingDragon

My response would be:

"Oh baby, beat the gay out of me. Harder, just the way I like it."

...If you hadn't noticed I'm very hard to insult.

This is just retarded though, I can't think of any sane person authorizing another person to hit their kids. If you meet any gays who meet the Flaming Queen stereotype it mught be becayse their wrists are so week all they can do is flop them about.

I played Field Hockey when I was little. I wished my parents made me keep going. I got quite good at being a Goalie. :(

12. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Goalie is the best position in the game- scary, brutal and fun out on the ice. While hockey is an addictive game, we goalies are the most addicted.

Learn to skate and get out there, you'll love it. It's hard, but not as hard as you think.

I'd like to meet this douchebag pastor out there. What an ass.

13. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Unfortunately, there is a fine line between spanking and beating. This guys just blurs that line.... beyond ridiculous.

Trying to "Squach the Gay out" is like trying to make a left hander, a right hander. Middle ages... oh-boy! These people need to learn this is the 21st century.

14. MorphingDragon macrumors 603

MorphingDragon

Can't skate for ****. Plus since NZ is a Commonwealth Country you'd have a fat chance of playing Ice Hockey.

15. leekohler, May 1, 2012

leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

You can skate, you just have to work at it. :) I got convinced to play on the ice by some guys who said goalies don't need to know how to skate. By the time I realized that was a huge lie, I had bought all my gear. Bastards. But I have never been so happy to be lied to.

One straight friend said to me "If we told you the truth, would you have done it?" No, I would not have.

16. Happybunny macrumors 68000

Is it like this all over the southern states? :confused:

Has this anything to do with them losing back in 1865?
    Because to me it looks like they never moved on, civil rights, gay rights, even basic human rights, just don't seem to matter down there.:(

This is of course why when the US starts shouting about Human rights in other countries, the rest of the world just laughs.

17. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

I would like to be the first to congratulate Pastor Sean Harris on his future coming out as a currently closeted homosexual.

I just hope he doesn't destroy to many lives in his self-hate.
    And Happybunny, it's not a South thing, it is a conservative fundamentalist thing (and not confined to Christianity ether. One prejudice is not better than another.

18. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

He looks suspiciously like Ted Haggard, and we all know quite well how that panned out.

With a car park willy-imbibing.

19. eastercat, May 2, 2012
    Last edited: May 2, 2012

eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Stupidity isn't limited to a geographical area. It's more prevalent in the south, but California is famous for passing Proposition 8, an anti-gay marriage law.
    The south gets the brunt of negative publicity, because they cause a lot of their problems. For example, the states' educational systems are crap. For example, they don't teach basic sex education or basic scientific theories like evolution. It doesn't help they still have poorly educated minorities, a holdover from segregation. Even today, schools with predominantly minority populations get less money and have larger classrooms (e.g., 40 students). Also, to put it bluntly, the south is poorer as a region due to its voting choices (primarily conservative with very little interest in investing their tax dollars), with some exceptions in individual states.

Personally, I've observed this type of behavior tends to correlate with religious fervor (predominantly xtian in this country), but that's just me.

It's people like Harris that make me glad I'm an atheist. Seriously, we don't fly planes into buildings, we don't say it's okay to abuse gay kids and we don't have altar boys to sexually abuse. Of course, then again, we're accused of worshipping a devil that doesn't actually exist, but I can live with that. :D

20. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

This isn't abnormal or different than many straight kids experiences, I was forced to play football, baseball, and track. I would have been more content playing on my computer all day and building things. I think playing these sports helped me become more social and athletic though.

21. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Even when your dad throws a baseball at your face? OK, Yeah, that must be normal. Can you address the OP? Because I keep getting told by certain people here how oppressed "Christians" are, and that all us gay people are bullies. It is truly amazing.

22. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Quite frankly, I think we would be better served if we were to squash the religion out of our kids.

23. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

This coming from a man "of the cloth", Jesus's self appointed spokesperson. Lets ponder a bit on what the problem is with religion. A mild version of the Muslim "insult God and I kill you!" :(

24. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

You just said it. "Self-appointed." In a nutshell.

25. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Still waiting for kavvy and corvus to come in here and defend this douchebag. Surprised they haven't. This must be the "other side" kavvy keeps talking about and saying we should be tolerant of. Nifty.

I'm sure I'll be told to go die in a fire again.