Anti-glare film for 13" uMBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by phungy, Sep 2, 2009.

1. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

Has anyone used anti glare film from Radtech ($20) or Power Support ($35)?

If you're using another brand, do you recommend it? if so, how much and where?

2. ssinohio macrumors newbie

i got the Power Support for 35.00 from the Apple store and it worked fine.
    much better than glossy screen. It was a little tricky to put on. I did it in the bathroom after I let the shower run for a few minutes. The moisture in the air kept the lint and dust down and it went on ok. Start at the top and when you line up the hole for the camera, then your good.

3. windowpain macrumors 6502a

I am using an anti-glare film just like the ones you linked to. Can't remember the name but I think it was around 1500yen (~$15US)

It makes the screen look a little grainy, but it is mostly when it first goes on. After a day or two you forget it is there.. would recommend getting one.

4. Andrew Henry macrumors 6502a

Not saying either one of those is bad, but I HIGHLY recommend the Moshi iVisor AG, it's awesome! It made my 13 uMBP look like it came with a matte screen, i LOVE it!

5. will0407 macrumors 6502a

I'll second that. I had a moshi ivisor on the 15" MBP I was using- now moved down to a 13" MBP and have ordered but ivisor off ebay, just waiting for delivery.

It's so easy to install and works an absolute treat.

I'd also recommend the moshi palmguards. They're exactly the same colour as the macbook's aluminium so you won't even notice they're there.

6. phungy thread starter macrumors 68020

phungy

7. hackum macrumors regular

Has anyone compared the Moshi ivisor on the 15" MBP to the original anti-glare display. Is it as good as the real thing?

Which one should I get if both are within my budget?