Anti-LGBT Orgs Attempt Protest Outside HRC

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mentaluproar, Jun 4, 2013.

1. mentaluproar macrumors 68000

mentaluproar

http://www.hrc.org/blog/entry/anti-lgbt-orgs-attempt-protest-outside-hrc

You plan to do this in front of the HRC building, during pride month, and claim its some big coincidence and you aren't bigots.

2. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

All the wackos come out of the woodwork to protest during Pride month. Ignoring them is always the best policy. The best punishment for them will be a favorable ruling from SCOTUS this month on DOMA and Prop 8.

3. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

Who better to form "Americans for Truth About Homosexuality" than a bunch a straight people?

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

5. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Ironic, isn't it?

It's fun to listen to all of those straight "experts" on homosexuality. I love hearing someone tell me this is a choice I've made. :rolleyes:

----------

Human Rights Campaign

6. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

"Human Rights Campaign"

They should steal one of the protester's slogans: "Stupidity is nothing to be proud of, but overcoming it is"

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Thanks.

8. Queen of Spades macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

I'm comforted by the fact that these people are on the wrong side of history, and they'll take their place right next to all the bigots who protested abolishing slavery, civil rights, and suffrage as a few examples. That and they typically lead bitter, judgmental lives. It's only a matter of time.

I've taken to using this rather brilliant response:

9. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Something so simple....It amazes me that it has to actually be pointed out to people.

10. iMikeT macrumors 68020

Yet these protestors are the ones who say they're being persecuted against. :rolleyes:

11. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Seeing articles like this makes me sick. How stupid and hateful are people.

Any gay person will tell you sexuality is not a choice, every single person on earth (gay or straight) knows they didn't choose what to be sexually attracted to, why is this so hard to grasp for the feebleminded?

Oh wait, its not hard to grasp they just refuse to because they enjoy the hate.

12. vega07 macrumors 65816

What's even more sad, is the fact that these people are dedicating such a significant portion of their lives to ignorance and bigotry, and thinking about gay sex all the time like Brian Brown of the FRC. Every article he writes or interview he does always includes something about Sodom and Gomorra and gay sex.

While they work 24/7 to make homosexuals miserable, I can't help but feel sorry for them when they wake up one day old and wrinkly, and realize they wasted their life away, not to mention in a way that inflicted so much pain and suffering to so many people. For some, it will never happen. But for those that do eventually see the light, at least they finally stepped over into the right side of history. Whether they will forgive themselves, is another story.

13. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Straight my ass...

14. mentaluproar thread starter macrumors 68000

mentaluproar

They won't change their minds. They will double-down and become that relative we secretly hope will get into a horrible car wreck on the way to thanksgiving dinner, because we are tired of listening to him blame everything on the blacks and the jews. That man, in our generation, will be blaming muslims and gays.

15. dec. Suspended

dec.

I'm glad that I live in a country where I don't have to worry about some people using their personal witchcrafty obscurities like "god" or "jesus" to determine which rights I have or not.

Either way, it will happen for you guys - and it's good to see.

16. anonymouslurker macrumors regular

Now there's some love and tolerance for you! :rolleyes:

17. mentaluproar thread starter macrumors 68000

mentaluproar

Not all relatives are loved. They are merely tolerated.

18. samiwas macrumors 65816

Is there such a thing as anti-religion reparative therapy?

19. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Part of the problem is anyone who actually knows their Bible knows what it really says about homosexuality. Most "Christians" use cherry picking to justify their flat out hatred of gays.

I'm Christian, I'm gay, and I know the Bible doesn't condemn homosexuality.

Basically without writing you a 20 page paper the old testament was rules for Moses's followers which Jesus later essentially nullifies, Sodom and Gahmorra was not destroyed because of homosexuality but rather hospitality (plus the city was already marked for destruction before the part with the men of the town and the angels) and if you look at the original greek texts of the new testament you'll see that pretty much any "anti-gay" statement is either completely mistranslated (pedophilia is mentioned in the original texts, not homosexuality) or taken completely out of context (Romans for example is really talking about ceremonial orgies not gay sex.)

You can't tell most Christians this though, they stick their fingers in their ears and hum because they don't want to follow Jesus's real teachings which is love and compassion, they want to enjoy hating others and looking down upon them.

Not to mention nowhere in the Bible are sins "ranked" (except for blasphemy against the holy spirit). All sins are created equal so to speak but since homosexuality is not a sin it doesn't fall into that category.

Basically my favorite thing to say to gay hating "Christians" is to tell them that if they don't like it they can tell God when they die to his face that they think he made a flaw in his designs. That usually shuts them up.

20. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

I'm gonna have to try this... :D

21. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

Try it on a Muslim...

22. lannister80 macrumors 6502

lannister80

And the difference would be...?

23. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

The ensuing riot would be a bit noisier.

24. mentaluproar thread starter macrumors 68000

mentaluproar

Bomb joke? Classy.

25. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

If you thought that was a bomb joke, you were mistaken.