Anti-Palin rally draws hundreds in Alaska

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

A little good news for a change. (Wonder if the MSM will pick it up. Seems lately that anti-Palin, anti-McCain stories are off-limits.)

I'm glad Alaskans are protesting her, and this does remind me of the dire warnings we got from native Texans about Bush.

But I also think it's getting to be time that we stop concentrating on Palin and focus on McCain. It's going to be the top of the ticket that will win this election, and if we don't start attacking McCain, we will all lose.

We can still get to Palin, but we need to do it through McCain. The legitimate way to do it is by asking how McCain could have picked a woman so unqualified to be his running mate. We need to make the issue not Palin, but McCain's incredibly horrible judgment.

And the mention of Palin should only be part of a larger campaign to discredit him. We should also be talking about the increasing gulf between his reputation for "honor" and his malicious lying; his support for the war; his lack of support for veterans; his desire to drive the country further into debt; etc.

2. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

hundreds.....thats gotta be a sizeable chunk of the states population :p.

I'm legitamitely going to cry if the GOP wins this round :(.

3. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

4. GorillaPaws macrumors 6502a

GorillaPaws

Well said. I think they should really hammer McCain on the troops issues in particular every opportunity they get (voting against body armor etc.). And then address the point of how reckless it was of him to be willing to trust the lives of our American troops to such an unqualified person should he be unable to serve out his term. I've heard the odds of that happening are 1 in 3 from somewhere, but I can't remember the source to back that estimate up (anyone know where I'm getting that from?).

5. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

First of all, I am in total agreement with Thomas Veil and you. Some have actually suggested that the McCain campaign wanted Palin to deflect some heat from grandpa. So, they thought there were several red herrings for bait. When the vetters came knocking, they would play the sexist card. But, the attention would be turned from grandpa, while he slimed Barack with lies. Not sure of this is conjecture, or not. It does seem to be the net result.

As for your question about reference, I have read this too. As I recall, it is from male mortality statistics. My spouse explained the statistics behind calculating this. It is actually quite complicated, and often misunderstood. The mean is updated often, and critical to various industries, such as insurance (as you can well imagine). They have been at this for so long, the calculations are seldom (if ever) challenged. HTH.

6. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

The right wingers, and probably the poster with the walrus avatar, will come and say "Well... umm.. Palin is a reformer! Of course people would be upset with her". :rolleyes:

Watch it happen.

7. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

Why would the right-wingers say that? I am pretty sure they know it is just campaign rhetoric. She is a neocon evangelical hand-job. Like I have said, she is a Kay Bailey Hutchison, but with a personality. Perhaps, you were being sarcastic, and I have missed it?

8. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

I should have clarified it with "non-sensical" right wingers. Which, it seems, you are not one of those. :D

9. Adamo macrumors 6502

No, what they need now is more focus back onto Obama-Biden, because the past two weeks have been all about McCain-Palin, and even if it's bad press, it's still press - they're instantly recognisable, whereas the same cannot be said for Biden right now. Something drastic needs to be said or done by the Democrats to make themselves heard - get some announcements made about their cabinet perhaps.

Thomas Veil - it's your avatar that kind of defeats your point, you're just advertising them freely, so people get used to seeing her stupid smug little face everywhere and will just assume that's the vote they should be making.

10. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Another tidbit from Slick Sarah's trip back home -- apparently while in Alaska she dropped the schtick about saying "thanks, but no thanks" to the money for the Bridge to Nowhere, presumably because people there know enough to know she's full of it when she says that. Then when she leaves Alaska, the line magically reappears in her campaign speeches...

Now there's some straight talk, my friends.

11. JW8725 macrumors 6502a

off with her head the mob was crying I heard!