Anti-Russia stance-cause and effect.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by darksithpro, Feb 12, 2018.

1. darksithpro macrumors 6502a

Usually people learn from past mistakes. However if you back the Russian bear into a corner, it has no where to go, except to charge out at you. Congrats to all of you who say we shouldn't get a long and improve relations with Russia. Because of Democrats dealing with Russia in absolutes, Russia is now building up their nuclear arsenal in Europe. That means all you Europeans in here can feel better, knowing Russia probably has nuclear tipped missiles near by. Congrats, you got your second Cold War!

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/02/12/russia-tests-new-anti-missile-system-amid-nato-tensions.html

The Russian military announced Monday the successful test of a new anti-missile rocket designed to help protect Moscow from any incoming threats.

The tests of interceptor missiles for the A-135 Anti-Ballistic Missile system were conducted at the Sary-Shagan site in Kazakhstan, according to the military.

The deputy commander of the Air and Space Defense Alliance, Andrei Prikhodko, told Russian newspaper Krasnaya Zvezda the upgraded air defense missiles are capable of intercepting single and multiple strikes, including new generation intercontinental ballistic missiles.

"We have successfully test fired a new upgraded air defense missile," Prikhodko told the paper. "The missile’s tactical and technical characteristics regarding the range, precision and operational lifetime are significantly higher compared to present-day weapons."

PENTAGON ANNOUNCES PLAN TO EXPAND NUCLEAR ARSENAL IN FACE OF RUSSIAN THREAT

Russian news agency Sputnik News said the new missiles will be added to the existing anti-ballistic missile system that became operational in 1995 and is run by the Russian Aerospace Forces

The tests of the defense system come after Lithuania's president said last week that Russia has deployed additional nuclear-capable missiles in its Baltic Sea exclave of Kaliningrad on a permanent basis, with the president calling the missiles a threat to Europe.

President Dalia Grybauskaite told reporters after visiting NATO troops in the central Lithuanian town of Rukla that "Iskander missiles are being stationed in Kaliningrad for permanent presence as we speak." She called it a threat not only to Lithuania but to "half of all European countries."

RUSSIAN MILITARY CONDUCTS MASSIVE MISSILE DRILLS

The head of the Russian parliament's defense committee, Vladimir Shamanov, confirmed the missiles' deployment in remarks carried by Russian news agencies. He added the move was a response to a NATO buildup near Russia's borders, with the number of U.S. weapons in Poland a particular irritation to Moscow.

2. samcraig macrumors P6

Who would have thought Fox News would be so fear mongering. Certainly not I.

3. darksithpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

What do you mean by fear mongering? Is anything in the article untrue?

4. samcraig macrumors P6

Oh. My mistake. It was you. Not sure it's appropriate to blame Democrats for this. But not surprised.

5. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

Well, Democrats are rabidly anti-Russian since they’re the scapegoat de jour for Hillary losing the election.

6. darksithpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

Are you for, or against improving relations with Russia?

7. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

We have never been more pro-Russian. Every agency has acknowledged that the elections were hacked, Trump has given them a free pass a literally every corner and they're openly celebrating their success at dividing the United States. Only Fox News and the right would be calling us "anti-Russian" just to make a political jab. Glad you guys are sucking it up because in the end the only winner here is Russia.

8. samcraig macrumors P6

Hillary lost the election. We may never know all the reasons. Russia, if they played a part was only one. But Russia being part of the investigation has nothing to do with Hillary and everything to do with Trump
    --- Post Merged, Feb 12, 2018 ---
    I would say I am of mixed feelings about relations with Russia right now given all the givens. Are you ONLY for improving relations? Do you have no qualms?

9. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

LMAO, do you seriously think that anyone would investigate Russia’s “election meddling” had Hillary won? I know that you’re a rabid Democrat, but let’s be serious.

10. samcraig macrumors P6

I am no such thing. I think there would have and should have been an investigation regardless because it's clear Russia tried to influence our election. Are you suggesting that there should be no investigation now?

11. darksithpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

LOL... If the only outcome is them building up a nuclear arsenal at their borders, I would say yes.

12. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

They bought some social media ads, so no, it’s a waste of time and money. Do you really think that we don’t spread western propaganda in Russia? If so, I got a nice gently used bridge for sale.

13. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Do you honestly think they didn't have that before? o_O Also, Iskander missiles doesn't necessarily care nuclear warheads.

I am not really sure you know what the Cold War was, if you think nuclear missiles were the only thing going on..

14. samcraig macrumors P6

This is not accurate. At all.

15. darksithpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9K720_Iskander

The 9K720 Iskander (Russian: «Искандер»; NATO reporting name SS-26 Stone) is a mobile short-range ballistic missile system produced and deployed by the Russian Federation. The missile systems (Искандер-М) are to replace the obsolete OTR-21 Tochka systems, still in use by the Russian armed forces, by 2020.[10][11] The Iskander has several different conventional warheads, including a cluster munitions warhead, a fuel-air explosive enhanced-blast warhead, a high explosive-fragmentation warhead, an earth penetrator for bunker busting and an electromagnetic pulse device for anti-radar missions. The missile can also carry nuclear warheads.[1][12][13] In September 2017, the KBM general designer Valery M. Kashin said that there were at least seven types of missiles (and ″perhaps more″) for Iskander, including one cruise missile.[14]

16. Rhonindk macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

sitting on a beach watching a DC simulation ...
    Meanwhile China chuckles as they watch us sniffing and growling at each other ...

17. zin macrumors 6502

Why did Democrats rebuff the FBI multiple times when they asked to see the server? U.S.-Russia relations are electorally disposable for them. Sad, pathetic, and dangerous.

18. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

Ok, so do you have any evidence of them, you know actually changing votes? Perhaps you can provide a picture of Putin casting a vote for Trump in every state while wearing a fake mustache? The evidence provided so far is just them buying ads on Facebook and Twitter.

19. samcraig macrumors P6

Where did I say anything about changing votes. Is that some false narrative/straw man you want to create to have a debate?
    --- Post Merged, Feb 12, 2018 ---
    Funny since the look into Russia's influence wasn't limited nor start with the "server"

20. zin macrumors 6502

What is funny about Democrats' not allowing access to the only tangible piece of "hacking" evidence that we know for certain exists?

21. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

Seriously, what evidence do you have of Russia materially influencing the outcome of the election? Literally, the only thing that came out of this whole dog and pony show is that individualists and companies with alleged links to the Russian government bought a bunch of Facebook and Twitter ads.

22. darksithpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

With all due respect to your opinions, I'm not the one sitting within range of those things from Kaliningrad. I'm surprised you're not the least bit worried.

23. samcraig macrumors P6

I think you mean that you think exists. Don't speak for me or the investigation.

24. samcraig macrumors P6

I won't debate another straw man argument.

25. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

Ok, so you have no evidence. That was way too easy.:cool: