Anti-Trans group lied about restroom threat

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by skottichan, Dec 9, 2018.

1. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 604

The-Real-Deal82

It amazes me there are groups out there that dedicate themselves to being ‘anti trans’ lol. I’ve always thought the scaremongering about people pretending to be a different gender just to attack children in restrooms was propaganda. Groups like this should just get in the bin lol.

2. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 603

T'hain Esh Kelch

3. DearthnVader macrumors 6502a

DearthnVader

We're just going to end up in a line, to get into one person gender neutral restrooms.

Thanks Obama.:p

4. KennethS macrumors 6502

My sons attend all boys schools. Many of the best schools in the UK are singe-sex. How would that go over in the USA?

5. DearthnVader macrumors 6502a

DearthnVader

There are still all boys schools and clubs in the US.

They are a target for those seeking equality at all costs.

6. decafjava macrumors 68040

decafjava

I've often wondered how many types of restrooms there are at the Mos Eisley cantina, or on a typical Starfleet vessel.

I dread to think about it.

Imagine what kind of facilities a wookie would need, or Thanos.

Apologies for the flippant remark but this ought to be a non-issue.

7. SquireSCA Suspended

SquireSCA

I don't think that the average person has an malice towards trans. We simply don't interpret it the same way that others do. Claiming there are 53 genders and that it's fluid and you can change your sex just by thinking it, and that you can change it around at will, and demand that others use whatever pronoun you choose that day or else face the consequences... that's where a lot of people push back.

When you see a man, decide he wants to be a woman and joins the women's high school wrestling team or join the olympics on the women's team... is that fair to actual women?

It is the demanding that we acknowledge them as "Real women", when they aren't, that is what most object to.

It's not being a bigot, to say, "That's a man, dressing up and pretending to be a woman." It's fact.

That the person may indeed FEEL like a woman, doesn't change biology or DNA.

Trans is a form of body dysmorphia, its essentially a mental illness, by definition. Your mind is out of sync with your biology. Something went wonky in the early development stage and rather than full male or female, the person got suck somewhere in the middle, mentally.

For those that will immediately jump on me and call me names and claim that I am not as woke as you...

Tell me, this question is for you men reading this that are 100% Hetero... If you think I am a bigot for not acknowledging a man in a dress as a "real woman"... How many trans women have you dated? If your enlightenment tells you that a man proclaiming to be a woman is all that is required to be a "real woman"... put your money where your mouth is.

Go date and sleep with a "woman" that acts like a woman and still has her male biology and male bits... Let's see how woke you are, shall we?

Oh, not your cup of tea? Then you are every bit the bigot you will undoubtedly claim me to be... You are paying lip service to it, pretending to play along so that you can tell people how progressive and open minded you are and being politically correct, but when it comes down to it... you know it's not a real woman and you almost certainly wouldn't share your bed with one, if you were straight.

Anyway, that simple fact of life is a far cry from forming a hate group and attacking people, etc... those people should be shunned from society. If people want to be trans, leave them alone to be trans... But the trans side needs to understand that expecting people to ignore DNA and biology and what their own eyes tell them, and to suspend the facts and cater to their mental illness, isn't cool either.

8. samcraig macrumors P6

I'm not going to respond to most of your post - only to say your "test"/"challenge" is a complete logic fail.

9. Huntn macrumors demi-god

Huntn

10. Herdfan macrumors 6502

It's not and I can't believe the feminist wing has not flipped their **** over this.

11. kingjames1970 macrumors regular

kingjames1970

Seems to me that a lot of pro-trans groups like the 2,134,652 genders crowd are like the 'right on do-gooder' groups who complain about Christmas on behalf of muslims (who couldn't care less). While we should be kind and understanding of people who have these issues to deal with, there is far more noise about them than warrants their tiny percentage of the population. And it stigmatises and turns people against those with genuine gender issues to deal with. Everybody is different in some fashion, there is no need to put anybody in a box or category.

12. Huntn, Dec 10, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2018

Huntn macrumors demi-god

Huntn

Society defines what mental illness is and depending on their standards, rigidity vs acceptance, determines what is acceptable behavior. Some would accuse gays of being mentally ill, which I would argue against. No, as a rule, they gay, transgender, don’t fall within conservatives’ parameters of what is “normal”, but even within normal there is a spectrum of diversity in preferences.

Sexual ambiguity, where it is physical or just chemical, is the hand that Nature/God handed out. And it is far more common, than when these people were forced to remain in the closet.

Now as far as a male who wants to join a female sports team as a girl, while I support them as transgender, I would not be against placing restrictions on males with a physical advantage based on their biology, joining a female sports team. But then what about the reverse, a girl who wants to join a boys team? It is a complicated issue.

Btw, who claims that people can change their sex at will?

13. Herdfan macrumors 6502

Why is it a fail? Read this: https://medium.com/@QSE/when-you-sa...erson-its-transphobic-here-s-why-aa6fdcf59aca

So it is not quite the fail you want it to be. There are several other stories where people are attacked because they won't date someone trans. So I think if you were to answer honestly you would find that you are not quite as woke as you may think you are.

14. samcraig macrumors P6

Whether or not you would date someone who is trans is not a test for being "woke" about it. Or supporting trans rights.

15. SquireSCA Suspended

SquireSCA

Oh yeah, I have read a few news stories talking about how if a straight man fails to date a trans woman because "she" still has man bits, that he is a hateful bigot, etc...

Maybe I just don't like man bits? Why is it always equated to "hate"?

If they can have their sexual preferences, why can't I have mine without being called a name and ridiculed?
    --- Post Merged, Dec 10, 2018 ---
    I see trans the same way I see anorexia. You look in the mirror and see a woman, but your DNA and biology is that of a man. Same thing when you see a fat person in the mirror, when you are 87lbs and in dire need of medical attention.

It's a mental illness. Doesn't mean you aren't a person and that you don't have merit or are not worthy of compassion, decency, etc...

But to pretend that it isn't a mental condition and to demand that the world pretend that it isn't... just doesn't seem very realistic to me...

And when you are 6'2" and 240lbs with an adams apple, neck beard and all your man bits, and mad that I don't recognize you as a "real lady" is kinda crazy, no?

Live how you want to live, but you don't need to involve me in your issues...

16. Herdfan macrumors 6502

It is complicated. But growing up there was not LL girls softball in my area, so each team had a few girls. And for the most part, they were good, better than some boys. But I don't think it would have been fair for Brian or Johnny (actual people) who could jack the ball out of the park on every swing to go play on the girls softball teams.

I myself play co-ed softball and you know what, there are different rules based on who is at bat. In one league, the girls hit an 11" ball vs the men who hit a 12" ball. In the other league, there is a line painted about 30' behind the infield and you can not place your outfielders inside that line when a female is at bat.

But that being said, most injuries are girls, many of who played college softball, when a guy drives one down the line or throws from 3rd to 1st as hard as they can to try to get a runner (girl lost her front teeth because of this exact situation).

But for any sport in which a biological males superior strength would give them an advantage, the males should not be allowed to compete against the females.

17. SquireSCA Suspended

SquireSCA

Yeah, for all the talk about everyone being equal, the truth is that men are better at some things, and women are better at others.

Who is that male MMA fighter that is now trans and fighting women in the ring? I read an interview from one of the women "she" fought against, who herself is quite the badass... She said it was like getting hit by a truck, that no woman had ever hit her like that. And it's because it wasn't a woman. It was a biological male, who now "identifies" as a woman...

That doesn't seem fair to me, when a woman works that hard to perfect her craft and sport and make a living at it, to have some guy come in and derail her career...

18. NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

Good lord, the effort that some here put into being purposely ignorant is astounding. When you say your pushback begins at a claim literally no one makes you’d think you’d understand how nakedly we can see your hate.

19. SquireSCA Suspended

SquireSCA

Not agreeing = Hate

That is the entire problem with the Left. They can't debate, they don't use logic in these case, they just have feelz and when their feelz don't jive with other people they just call it "Hate" so that they don't have to engage in debate, and lose.

I could not have illustrated this problem with society any better than you did, and so I thank you.
    A claim nobody makes? Like legislation that HAS been proposed to charge people, or terminate their employment, if they don't use the "right pronoun"?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...y-demand-that-you-use/?utm_term=.255a9a72dff2
    Another link:

https://nypost.com/2016/05/19/city-issues-new-guidelines-on-transgender-pronouns/

20. Huntn macrumors demi-god

Huntn

As a conservative, it’s ironic you would accuse the Left of hate, as if they exclusively own that characteristic. We all have our own hates, based on our own standards.

21. NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

Your very first paragraph in this thread laid waste to the logic you allegedly hold. It’s an oooooold technique to load your argument with falsehoods in framing it, I’m not falling for it.

22. samcraig macrumors P6

So you, yourself have been ridiculed for not wanting to date a trans woman? Can you link to any of these new stories?

This is why I believe your "challenge" is a logic fail. And quite convoluted at that.

You are free to date whoever you want. And if someone has a problem with that - it's their problem. Why make it a test or challenge for others to prove their belief system.

23. SquireSCA Suspended

SquireSCA

I was paraphrasing his flawed argument into that one sentence. If you don't agree with me, no matter what the facts say, just accuse the person of "hate" and dismiss them.

Oldest trick in the Liberal playbook.
    https://medium.com/@QSE/when-you-sa...erson-its-transphobic-here-s-why-aa6fdcf59aca

https://medium.com/@allisawash/about-your-******-no-trans-dating-policy-1314c2039ced

https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-42652947

24. Herdfan macrumors 6502

Ok, so why is it hate? The left likes to complain that things aren't fair. Who is more or less fair to when a biological male gets to compete against biological females in a sport? Like it or not, most biological males are faster/stronger than biological females. So being "fair" to one person ends up being unfair to any female who places behind him.