Anti-Trump Propaganda in Apple News widget

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by miknos, Sep 15, 2016.

1. miknos Suspended

miknos

When I updated to iOS 10, it came with the News widget enabled by default.

I use Reeder for my RSS needs and I love it. I decided to try the News widget hoping to see the most relevant news since there is only space for 4 headlines. To my surprise, only anti-trump propaganda. Here's some examples:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

This morning there was one saying an "old lady got assaulted by a Trump voter". Seriously?

Before somebody start crying; I'm not voting for Trump nor Hillary. Just came here to show how crap the mainstream media is and thus the Apple News widget.

2. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Apple' old news widget sucked and Apple's new and improved news widget sucks. I use Reeder on my laptop and Feedly on my iPhone.

3. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

I haven't tried the news app since it was new. I quickly dumped it because it was all left leaning sites being presented.

4. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

dude how can the news app be biased if it just loads stories from other websites? the media has been talking about trump literally non-stop since he announced his campaign. the apple news app is just a conglomeration taking from a bunch of news resources. stop seeing bias in everything.

there are left leaning news sources, right-leaning, and those which have almost one.

also lol at your use of the word propaganda. reporting that trump or his sons saying or doing something retarded is propaganda now?

5. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Of those screen shots, which news organization is either right-leaning or almost have no lean?

6. samcraig macrumors P6

Those are the stories trending. Nothing to see here folks.

7. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

i dont watch or read cnn, but new york times and washington post have been established newspapers for over 100 years. they have pulitzer-prize winning articles and high standards of investigative journalism. you can not like their articles, but theres a lot of honest work and research that goes into them. accusing them of being biased is a serious allegation that requires some hard evidence. most of the crap news on TV start with "new york times is reporting..." or "wapo is reporting..." and then they have 8 "analysts" talk non stop about it.

huffington post or slate or some other website like that is a different story

8. JoEw macrumors 65816

JoEw

Anti-Trump? They seem to just be reporting what he is doing.. If you're gonna do crazy stuff the media isn't just going to not report it in the name of "equal" coverage.
    That said there is a liberal bias, as a conservative one, read em all and you can reach your own conclusions.

9. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

You're seriously going to stand behind the idea that the Washington Post doesn't have a left-leaning slant?

If that's your baseline, every other opinion you write is immediately in suspect due to a lack of ability to recognize the obvious.

10. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

got any evidence?

11. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

Go conduct your own research if you think otherwise. I'm not going to build a powerpoint to convince you of a well-known topic.

12. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

There is a solution! If you want to stop seeing negative Trump stories, tell him and his family to stop saying and doing horrible things. Trump Jr....ovens? Really? Ivanka, can't handle an interview and daddies own words? Really?

It should also be noted that Trump has said disparaging things about Apple and even called for a boycott of Apple at one point, so really it's strange that any Apple fan would be upset over negative coverage of Trump.

13. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

so none. as i thought

14. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

Also, the Earth isn't flat, we actually landed on the moon, and 9/11 wasn't an inside job. Just some more basic topics in life you may doubt, but are in fact true.

15. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

so none. as i thought

16. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

You realize that the Washington Times was created specifically to be a right-leaning counterpoint to the left-leaning representation of the Post, right? I live in DC. This is all common knowledge. Even the most left-leaning people I know here, people who work within national news organizations, have no qualms in acknowledging the Post's bias. To hear anyone here say otherwise is like encountering someone who insists that little toy ponies are used to maintain the Sun's energy. Just dumb.

Here you go: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ral-to-conservative-based-on-their-audiences/ From WP, no less. They'd have every chance to correct the record on these results but do not. Washington Post is nestled right up next to Buzzfeed and Huffington Post. Or do you consider those center of the road, as well?

Oh, and just for an extra bonus, the New York Times is actually even considered "more liberal." So I guess you're 0-2 in your claim.

17. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

thanks for finally giving me a link. i didn't know this was a game lol. seems like you're more interested in winning a superficial game than getting facts straight.

anyway the link that you provided cites a pew research poll citing the ideology of a particular news sources' AUDIENCE, not that the source itself has any bias in reporting which is what I originally had talked about.

just because plethora of liberals watch or read the BBC, for example, doesn't mean that BBC reporting is biased. i know reality does have a liberal bias so its a little hard to accept

18. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

All right, live in your fictional world. It's like talking to the idiots who insist that Fox News is "fair and balanced."

19. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

They had some good looking women. Until that one guy tried to get in their undies.:(

Note, I do not read/watch Fox News...the closest thing I deal with them, I occasionally list to Sean Hannity.

20. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

Liberal media lost all credibility long ago. Its what WWE is to real wrestling. A biased, fake organization that preys on the minds of slow people with low self esteem.

21. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

its not my fault that you quoted a study for measuring something you thought it did, but it didn't.

it measured the ideology of their of news sources' audiences. thats not a fantasy world. thats literally what your link says. it doesn't say theres been a systematic bias in reporting news and facts in their news articles. if i saw something like that, i'd be the first person to say i'm wrong.

22. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Oh the irony. :D

23. miknos thread starter Suspended

miknos

Some channels are Conservative, some liberal. I try to stay away from politics and focus in business and economics (even when politics can affect both).

What upsets me is that News widget shows 4 articles and 50% to 75% of them show politics. To make it worse, extremely biased ones. "trump voter assaulting an old lady" was too much.

24. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Spare me the anti-Trump ********. The media has been complicit in his rise and grades his ass on a curve. This just came across my Twitter feed. One day.

Csb7bxzXgAATXnP.jpg

25. miknos thread starter Suspended

miknos

For you to use a Trump photo in your avatar, you might be a fanatic. Im not gonna check the veracity of your points but if true, just point out that politicians (including Trump) are pure demagogues.