antibacterial spray for iPhone 5?

GenderFi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2012
Not sure if this is where it belongs, if not I apologize in advance. I'm looking for a gentle antibacterial spray for the iPhone 5. Almost every week I use my iKlear spray that I've had for years (I'm surprised it has lasted this long) but I don't think it is antibacterial.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Not sure if this is where it belongs, if not I apologize in advance. I'm looking for a gentle antibacterial spray for the iPhone 5. Almost every week I use my iKlear spray that I've had for years (I'm surprised it has lasted this long) but I don't think it is antibacterial.
I just use a micro fibre cloth.

Im not sure if using sprays could shorten the life of the oleophobic coating

iBaloney

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2010
Just use those Lysol antibacterial wipes then a microfiber cloth to polish after it dries.

That's what I did with my iPhone 4 and now with my 5

GenderFi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2012
I have been using an antimicrobial spray for my glasses first then with that iklear stuff, but trying to see if I can find a product that does both.

1rottenapple

macrumors 68020
Apr 21, 2004
I just use regular hand sanitizer lol. Like after the gym I just sanitize my hands and everything. but nestly with AppleCare ill just trade it in in very year. And I just wipe it on my shirt to dry.

VandyChem2009

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2011
Houston, Texas
It's not fraudulent if he is honest with Apple to get a replacement.
Well considering that he is putting that stuff on his phone purposefully and it isn't an accident it seems to me he would purposefully be ***** up his phone to get a new one. At the end of the day he paid for AppleCare+ so for $50 is owed a new phone for accidental damage, but seeing his damage isn't accidental filing an accidental damage claim would be fraudulent.

WesCole

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2010
Texas
I just use a dab of rubbing alcohol on a paper towel. I only use a little bit and don't scrub it into the screen, so I doubt it does much harm. Some people say that it wears away the oleophobic coating of the screen, but I haven't noticed it on any of my iPhones or iPads.

spyguy10709

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2010
One Infinite Loop, Cupertino CA
Well considering that he is putting that stuff on his phone purposefully and it isn't an accident it seems to me he would purposefully be ***** up his phone to get a new one. At the end of the day he paid for AppleCare+ so for $50 is owed a new phone for accidental damage, but seeing his damage isn't accidental filing an accidental damage claim would be fraudulent.
Actually, I had AC+ on my iPhone 4S, it was a bit beat up, I told the genius that I was selling it, and I'd like to pay $50 to get a new phone. He said sure, not what it's meant for but there's no restriction on it officially. So $50 dollars later I increased my eBay value 10 days the iPhone 5 came out by $200. It wasn't dishonest, the C2M of an iPhone 4S is around $180, And I've paid $200 in warranties, plus the profit from my first phone, PLUS they got a whole inner-structure ($90 C2M) back from me, so in the end Apple still profited from me "Scamming" them :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.