Anticipated time from media event to iPhone 5s availability?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wlow3, Aug 29, 2013.

1. wlow3 macrumors regular

If the media event does occur on September 10, does anyone anticipate the new iPhones arriving at doorsteps from presales before September 20?

I'm asking because I'm leaving town on the 19th and I will be gone for two weeks. I can't remember what happend last year - did anyone start receiving the new iPhone before the ten-day interval elapsed?

2. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Nope ups or fedex will hold it until the exact delivery date which would be the 20th.

3. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

Ship it to what ever place your going to be at

4. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

A few will slip through. Most of them will be delivered on launch day.

The only time a lot of people received their phones early was with the iPhone 4 launch.

5. Kealohilani macrumors 6502

Last year my Iphone 5 sat about 30 mins away for at least a few days with a message on the UPS site that it was being held by Apple. Forget the exact message but I know Apple wasn't releasing it for early delivery. I wouldn't expect it before the 20th (if rumors of the announcement and release date are true).

6. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

My 5 had a "before 10am" delivery stated on it.

7. Motherload0211 macrumors member

Don't take the chance. Wait until you get back. It's only a phone and you can then read up on the reviews.

8. HM Apple macrumors member

Apple starts shipping pre-orders the weekend before release date to designated distribution locations which are one day away from final delivery locations. They hold items there until Thursday night then release for the next day (Friday) delivery. UPS & FedEx are told not to deliver early. Kind of fun with tracking # to follow phone or I Pad progress.

9. Cody21 macrumors 6502a

Cody21

Last year, mine was held 3 hours away from me in Nashville, TN for about a week. Very early on launch day my phone made it to my local UPS location.

10. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

Some phones will get delivered a day early but majority will come on release day.

If you'll be out of town on release day, I wouldn't risk having the phone delivered to your home.

11. JodyK macrumors 6502a

JodyK

A very lucky few seem to slip through the launch day holding cracks ...

12. Ajones330 macrumors 6502a

Ajones330

Yea I would just wait because you can see what people are saying about it and determine if the phone is worth the hype...