Any actual screen comparison pics of old and new 15" ubMBP's?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by satchmo, Jun 18, 2009.

1. satchmo macrumors 68000

I'm talking about unibody MacBook Pros 15" only.

The old ExpressCard models had a decent display already. But this new one has 60% greater colour gamut. That's all nice techno speak, but the proof is in pictures.

Anyone have both machines and can post pics? I can't seem to find anywhere comparing these two recent models.

2. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

in my opinion just find a really good colorprofile. the pre WWDC 15" screen is really very good. to help you more, are you just asking cause you are curious or are you trying to decide between the two?

3. zorahk macrumors 6502

vicious do you have a good profile for the 9C84?

also, do you have a good one for vista?

do upload them please.

4. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

these are the 2 that i use. the first is the one that i did. the second is one that a member posted on this site. mine has a better color but the other has better grey scale.

i dont have any for vista unfortunately. but im sure they are out there some where. i just dont use bootcamp enough to care i guess haha.

Attached Files:

5. satchmo thread starter macrumors 68000

Yes, trying to decide if getting a refurb 15" might be the better way to go.
    Since the screen is what I'll be looking at most of the time, I want to make sure it's not a night and day difference between the two.

Are you suggesting a colour profile can make the two virtually indistinguishable?

6. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I exchanged a new 13.3 for a faster previous 15", I saw NO difference once adjusted and calibrated. Out of the box the older 15" looked better and less washed out.

7. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

well the new 15" is just a higher gamut. just using the same screen that was in the pre-WWDC 17". so depending on what you are doing you may not notice a difference and in some cases it can be worse. so i would recommend getting the pre-WWDC 15" because even if the screen is marginally better it still doesnt come close to replacing the express slot. after looking at the new ones in the apple store i dont see much difference. to me its them just trying to "get you" to buy the new model.

a good color profile will make the color and grey scale more accurate. but you will have to try a lot of different ones and just go with what you think is best to your eye.