Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asdf212

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 9, 2010
I had to use a backup phone while a phone was being repaired for a while. I also had a phone stolen in recent months.
So I now have several backup files on iTunes with text messages scattered everywhere.

I can't lose the most recent texts, yet if I use that, I cannot have any history or any texts other than the most recent few weeks.

is there a way or program, or JB app that will allow me to merge the texts, or compile them into one, or add them to my phone?
In 2015 I have to believe there is a way to do this..

Deetlebug89

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2014
http://www.macroplant.com/iexplorer/tutorials/how-to-save-and-export-sms-and-imessages

To access texts from an iPhone Backup, first open iExplorer, then click Explore Backups. From the left column, under the Browse iTunes Backups section, select the backup you want to use. Then within that backup select, Messages.

Last edited:

asdf212

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 9, 2010
Yes but is there a way to INSERT the messages or combine them so I can have them all on my phone?

1984world

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2008
Not exactly what you are looking for, but if you want to save your text messages and export them (email, etc.) you can use:

Messages2PDF

Been using that for years and export them all to a folder in my email.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.