any app to trick safari into thinking iphone isn't a mobile phone?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Vinnie Madrox, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Vinnie Madrox macrumors 6502

Vinnie Madrox

are there any apps in cydia to trick a website into thinking you aren't viewing a web site in safari on a mobile phone? for instance, when trying to go to redtube.com or tnaflix.com on my phone, it brings me to one page that tells me i have to pay to view it. but if you go to those pages on a computer, they are completly free. or if you type in http://www.facebook.com you automaticly get redirected to http://m.facebook.com for a mobile phone.....

is there any app, or any way to trick safari into thinking i'm trying to open the web pages from a computer, and not from a mobile phone?

2. KandyKane macrumors 6502

lol!!!

There is an sbsettings addon toggle that does this, have not installed it, just came across it the other day.

3. Vinnie Madrox thread starter macrumors 6502

Vinnie Madrox

that's awesome, do you know what it's called? or is it in the "changes" section of cydia?

4. ckong macrumors regular

It's called UserAgent Faker. Note that it's an add-on to SBSettings in case you don't have that installed.

5. twon macrumors member

There is a web browser in the app store called "Fake Web" that will do what you want. It took just a little bit of setup to do it, but now when I use it, sites believe I am using Mozilla on a Mac (you set it to anything as long as you know the settings.

I set this up long ago so I could have access to MobileMe from my phone.

6. loki007420 macrumors member

i tried to install this today and i keep getting a "size mismatch" error... any ideas?

7. Vinnie Madrox thread starter macrumors 6502

Vinnie Madrox

kool, installed UserAgentFaker and it worked great :) now if i only had flash LoL

8. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Google iMobileCinema and install that. :D

9. ckong macrumors regular

Hmmm... I didn't have that problem. Best to contact the author.

On a side note, I once had a problem with a different toggle. After a few Email exchanges with it's author, we got it working.

10. TheEngineer macrumors member

I installed it today. It works fine. Perhaps try a reinstall?

11. loki007420 macrumors member

I get the size mismatch error in cydia for the download.. havent been able to install it cause i cant download it..

12. TheEngineer macrumors member

Okay. I thought the size mismatch warning was upon running the app. I Googled it and learned more. I'll refrain from posting those links, as I cannot vouch for authenticity, but I recommend Googling "size mismatch error in Cydia" and checking those out.

13. wRek macrumors member

I have tried multiple times to add the iMobileCinema repository, and I still can't get it to show up in Cydia.:confused: