Any Apple Store or Other Retail Establishment Employees Seeing MBP Shortages?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Jimi5A1, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Jimi5A1 macrumors newbie

Long time reader first time poster.

Now I know there are a ton of "Should I buy a MBP Now?" threads, but i wanted to put a differant spin on things.

When I first started coming to this site (full disclosure, I made the decision to make the jump to apple last fall, it just took a while to convince the wife to let me replace the home computer for a MBP), I remember reading about imac and mac mini's being in short supply upwards of three weeks before the refresh:

http://www.macrumors.com/2009/09/30/low-end-mac-mini-shipping-date-slips-slightly-additional-reports-of-imac-shortages-surface/

http://www.macrumors.com/2009/10/01/resellers-offer-additional-details-on-mac-supply-constraints/

Now granted this is the only example I have come across in my limited experience with the wonderful world of Apple refreshes, but wouldn't it stand to reason, that if there was indeed going to be a MBP refresh with new hardware introduced immediately, wouldn't we would see reduced supplies out there now just a week ahead of the alleged iTablet/iSlate/whatever they decide to call it Media Extravaganza on the 27th?

And before you guys jump all over me for the post, i checked mroogle and there are no posts about MBP shortages.

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I haven't seen any reports of anything, but shortages don't guarantee anything.

They are signs sometimes, but it's not a prerequisite to an update.

Thanks for searching, I'm glad our "rudeness" has effected at least one user.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Circumstantial evidence at best. A shortage can be caused by many things.

4. svndmvn Guest

take this with a grain of salt
    an Apple Premium Reseller over here in Italy constantly orders stuff from Apple, I believe weekly, it happened last week that out of about 20 mac notebooks ordered maybe a maximum of five made it to the store. A couple of Airs, no 13" MBPs and a couple of 15" and 17". They pretty much have nothing to sell now

5. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

I thought we were are pretty sure about the i5 in a MBP update coming in January. :p

6. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Not sure about the MBP but my local Costco has run very low on 32gb touches. Plenty of the 8gb ones, however.

7. lionheartednyhc macrumors 65816

lionheartednyhc

omg. they must be making room for the new tablet touches!