Any apps (including jailbreak) to let adjust color temperature and fix yellow tint?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thatJohann, Oct 24, 2014.

1. thatJohann macrumors 6502a

thatJohann

After 4 swaps thought I was good to go but turns out my new 6 has a yellow tint to it and I'm exhausted from so many Genius Bar appointments.

I remember there was an app called ColorProfiles on Cydia that would let you adjust color temperature. Anyone know if that app is still available and if it works on the iPhone 6?

Thanks!

2. Subjugator macrumors regular

I believe color profiles is still available and I think a lot of people also use flux (a jailbreak tweak) for this. I am not sure about the compatibility with iOS 8 or iPhone 6 currently as it seems the recent jailbreak isn't really ready for public consumption yet.

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Color Profiles is still available. I have it installed on my jailbroken iPhone 5 running iOS 7.1.2.

Your problem right now is that although a jailbreak was released earlier this week for iOS 8, it's mainly for the devs at the moment. There are several bugs at the moment and Cydia has to be installed manually. And, it's only Windows right now.

If you really want to jailbreak for Color Profiles I'd give it a week or so for them to work out all the kinks in the jailbreak.

----------

Well, f.lux is mainly to warm up the display and eliminate harsh blue light at night on your display. That way you don't blind yourself using the display at night. It's not, strictly speaking, useable for directly modifying the tint of the display.

4. kepler20b macrumors 6502

Keep swapping. You don't deserve to live with that yellow tint. It will also kill your resell unless it is not noticeable.

5. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

my eyes must be getting shot, I just searched the forum to see pics of this "yellow tinting" and I cant see it on any pictures.

OP do you possibly have a screenshot that shows it off good?

6. thatJohann thread starter macrumors 6502a

thatJohann

Charging my iPad to take a pic. I'll post in a bit. To clarify its not that intense but after 4 swaps it just bothers me that they don't even release a tool to let users adjust the damn color temperature. Like it should be under the iPhone settings like a standard setting that has a slider. I don't get it. Why don't they listen?

7. kepler20b macrumors 6502

Its a defect, and no amount of calibrating is going to get it out.

You're getting white box replacements, and theres a high degree of likelihood that every iPhone you're getting is back was returned for the exact same problem.

Keep playing the lottery and find the one that was returned for a different color, memory, etc.

----------

Also these comparisons work best when a yellow screen is placed next to one that isn't. See next time if you can do that in the store. Just ask the genius to use his phone as a baseline or go to one of the display units to compare. That'll make sure you get the right replacement.

8. thatJohann thread starter macrumors 6502a

thatJohann

Here's a pic I just took with my iPad.

Attached Files:

9. thatJohann thread starter macrumors 6502a

thatJohann

ok attached pic. i wonder if apple store genius bar will try to say that screen is fine. what's a good counter to get them to change it?

10. Mr Hands macrumors regular

Earth's resources be damned! Not to mention everyone's time and the financial impacts of everyone swapping out phones for trivial things.

Do you people return every other item you purchase until you find one that meets your insanely high standards?

Sheesh...

11. kepler20b macrumors 6502

That's not an acceptable screen IMO, its not just yellow, its only yellow on the top third. Get it swapped and just compare the screens.

12. thatJohann thread starter macrumors 6502a

thatJohann

Thanks on my way to apple right now. Wish me luck

13. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Good luck, if they can't notice the yellow tint, most likely they can run in the back, and they can also run a calibration test to see if it meets within spec.

14. radiologyman macrumors 6502

I had color profiles tweak on my 5s and it helped a lot. I got yellowish 6 and waiting for stable jailbreak. But if you have uneven screen with yellow blotches it may not remove them completely

15. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Any apps (including jailbreak) to let adjust color temperature and fix yellow...

I don't see a yellow tint either. It looks like "reduce white point" is turned on.