Any ATT employes? Possible to get 12m instead of 18m upgrade term?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xerenthar, Jun 12, 2009.

1. xerenthar macrumors 6502

I get the $100/month thing. I understand.

My bills, for the last 4 months, have been over $95. There are some $88 before that, and also some $115.

Any way I can haggle to get the 12 month upgrade since I'm so close to the $99 or is it a bright-line rule and I shouldn't bother?

2. saDeRmac macrumors regular

Depends. There are many reasons why you might have the 18 mth upgrade. Talk with a rep.

3. dave006 macrumors 68020

Only hope is in an AT&T retail store and there is not much hope there either...

Just remember the MRC is based on the voice rate plan and select features, not the total bill and it is a 3 month rolling average. Toss in any late payments and you push out the date by 6 months.

Dave

4. hard-case macrumors regular

hard-case

I wouldn't bother. The $99+ a month is voice plan + data plan. Messaging plans, and any miscellaneous charges don't count. My average bill on a 2 line family talk plan is about $150-$160 a month....but I only qualify for the early upgrade ($399/$499) because my voice plan is $59.99 and my data plan is $30.00, which is $10 bucks short.

It'd be real nice if AT&T could start working in some decent rate plans for international calls. I lose about $40-$50 a month in international calls and text messages because my secondary line has family overseas.