Any Bank of America customers here?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by yg17, Aug 30, 2008.

1. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I opened a BoA checking account online earlier in the week because BoA is more convenient for me since there's a BoA ATM in the building I work in, and I was tired of paying ATM fees at my current bank (US Bank) for using the BoA one when I need cash. I got my debit/ATM card in the mail today, so I wrote a check out to myself from my old bank account to move money to it and deposited it into an ATM today. And.....there's absolutely no sign of the ATM deposit anywhere in my online banking. My parents have BoA and whenever they make an ATM deposit, it shows up immediately in Online Banking with the first couple hundred dollars available until the deposit clears and is posted. I called BoA and their customer "service" said he could see the deposit, but didn't know why it wasn't showing up for me and that's all he could tell me. The only possible thing I can think of is my parents have the advantage checking since they have their mortgage with BoA, and I'm just on a regular free checking account, so maybe that's a perk they get? I dunno.....so, ,my question for other BoA users, when you make an ATM deposit, does it show up right away online for you guys?

2. munson macrumors 6502

munson

Most transactions show up immediately as "unprocessed" or something, but I have never tried it with a deposit. Normally I do this in a bank, and they tell me when the funds become available.

3. todd2000 macrumors 68000

Mine usually show up right away, though I've only deposited one check with an ATM, and I don't remember how long it took. Sometimes ATMs take a while, or it might just be because it is a Weekend.

4. aristobrat macrumors G4

I've had a free account with them for about a year now and ATM deposits always show up online by the time I get home, which only takes 5 minutes.

I love their new ATMs out here. They scan in your checks one-by-one (and count your bills for you) so you don't have to fill out a deposit envelope. And anything deposited before 8pm counts on that day's business. No more 2PM crap. Yay. :)

5. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

There's one ATM of theirs near my school that still has the old green screen. To be fair, Fleet shares some blame for that, as it was theirs before the BoA sale.
    Envelopes aren't usually my problem (although having the machine scan each item seems nifty), I just don't usually have a pen handy in my car for signing checks. :(

6. iGary Guest

iGary

B of A is the work of the devil.

Ludicrous fees, substandard service, ridiculous policies ...

Never leaving USAA - a real bank.

Not trying to hijack your thread. My deposits usually showed up the next business day, FWIW.