Any Best Buy Stores have new MBP's in stock yet?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by entatlrg, Jun 10, 2009.

1. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

A person in their computer department told me they'd have some by Friday this week, but I can't confirm that or what model, I'm hoping they'll get the high end 13" MBP.

2. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

3. cmezak macrumors member

I actually just returned a 13" macbook to best buy because I stupidly purchased it right before all of this dropped. I would have exchanged it for one of the new models, but the sales rep there told me that they wouldn't have the new models until near the end of the month.

However, I get the feeling that most people working at these retail places (even Apple stores) don't really know what they're talking about.

4. barkomatic macrumors 68040

Probably, but that's likely what their manager told them. Keep in mind that from the perspective of a salesperson a new apple notebook is just another product they have to keep track of.

It's funny how people expect the breadth of knowledge one used to get from old fashioned salespeople who worked on a commision--but from people who now work for minimum wage or close to it. I don't work for Best Buy or Apple btw.

5. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

Someone mentioned in another thread BB won't get them until their current stock sells out.

Don't know if that's true or not but if so I would guess he was right (a month or so)