Any Bria Users Here? No Audio Via 3G on iPhone 4 Running 4.3.1 iOS (ViaTalk VOIP)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bizfox, Apr 5, 2011.

1. bizfox macrumors member

Hello,

I intentionally posted this here to hopefully attract the immediate attention of any Bria user who also subscribe with ViaTalk. I managed to set everything up successfully for Wifi-based calls, audio and all. However, once I switch to 3G, I cannot hear anything when dialing different numbers. I attempted to call ViaTalk's tech support, but the agent stated that AT&T may have suppressed VOIP calls via 3G (which I do not believe). He further made a suggestion to play with the SIP transport settings to see what happens (only UDP works).

I made sure to turn on the 3G capability in the Preferences menu, as well as turn on the STUN 3G under User Specified in Advanced Settings. I even switched the Global IP 3G setting on under Network Traversal in the Account Advanced section. What am I missing????

2. bizfox thread starter macrumors member

Anyone? I also tried the same setup with Groundwire, but that app performed worse with no audio for either network (wifi and 3g).