Any CA. Pre-Orders Show Your Status Page With (cheaper) Subsidized Tax Pricing?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by falconman515, Jun 19, 2010.

1. falconman515 macrumors 6502a

falconman515

I purchased my iPhone4 on the 15th and live in California, we don't get the the subsidized pricing here along with a couple other states we have to pay FULL tax on the 599/699 price tag.

My order wen through apple fine showing me my tax of $62.74 (32gb), it showed that tax price throughout the order process and on the "Thank You" confirmation page..... but when I received my confirmation email from Apple it showed a tax price of $26.84, and when I go to my status page on apple.com it shows the $26.84 as well.

When I placed my order my credit card was preauthorized for correct tax for a total of $361.74 as well.

Anyone else in CA. showing this same information on your confirmation and you status page as well?

I just want to make sure there are no hick ups when they go to fully charge my account for the phone. I would rather bring this error up and get charged the entire tax then not bring it up and not get my iPhone cause of a pricing error.

Thanks so much for letting me know if there anything I need to do or if this is happening to other CA. residents as well. :)

UPDATE: I see that on the receipt for apple.com it shows a * next to the $26.84 tax as well as it says "Estimated Tax" and not just tax, then where it states the meaning of the * it says "In CA, MA and RI sales tax is collected on unbundled price of the iPhone"
    So I am assuming that the receipt shows normal tax for all other states and these 3 states as well but though the receipt says this and the status page says this that small * means even though it shows this tax be prepared if you are in one of these 3 states this wont be your final charge. So the correct charge will be what they pr-authorized my credit card for which is the $361.74.

So according these small fine prints findings I am still ok???

Also my pre-authroized charge has since fell off my account is this because they haven't fully charged my account yet? I would assume the pre charge was just to verify funds then after the 3 days it will drop from my account and then probably sometime this week they will charge me the full price correct?

Thanks for all the help guys!

2. Built macrumors 68020

Los Angeles county here...I'm showing the full $68.16 tax on my 32GB i4 in all places...status info, receipt, etc.

3. falconman515 thread starter macrumors 6502a

falconman515

Hmmm.... wonder if I should call apple and see whats up? My order looks good, they have my card number they re-authorized the entire $361 on the day I ordered and my order status has since changed to "Prepared for Shipment".

Wonder if there is a need to worry that this would cause a problem when they go to fully charge my account.

4. falconman515 thread starter macrumors 6502a

falconman515

Just talked to someone at Apple and he said don't worry about it you will only be charged what its says at the moment which is the $325.84.

He said my order is good and is ready to be shipped and I will only be charged the $26.84 tax even though I am in CA. He that that's what the system is telling to bill for my purchase and that wont change.

So he said don't worry at all cause your order is ready for shipment and you will be getting a great price now for it!

Look like I can get the screen protector and bumper for pretty much free now since I am saving $36 bucks on the tax now ;)

5. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

That was a good move, calling apple and letting them know you didn't get the full brutal rape by the state of California, you just got the tip. :confused:

6. falconman515 thread starter macrumors 6502a

falconman515

I would rather tell them about the mistaken charge and pay the full price then there be a billing issue and not get my iPhone on the 24th for something I could have corrected but was to greedy to do so!

Either way he said whatever the issue may be I am getting my phone 100% for sure on the 24th and he said I will only be billed the $326 ... So I covered my tracks, didn't act greedy just in case and will still get mu iPhone on launch day for the discounted price!!! If that's the tip then I'll take it! :rolleyes: