Any Canadians here on Fido??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bigpoppamac31, May 8, 2013.

1. bigpoppamac31 macrumors 68000

I'm just curious to know if any Canadians here who are on Fido have upgraded with them from one iPhone to the next and how does it work?? I have the iPhone 4S so I doubt I'd upgrade to the iPhone 5. But whenever the next one comes out I may consider upgrading. Any Canadians here do an upgrade with Fido?

2. Shrink, May 8, 2013
    Last edited: May 8, 2013

Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Wait, you mean Canadians do that with Fido?:eek:

And here I thought Canadians were such nice people!

:rolleyes::D

3. dextr3k macrumors 6502

I used to be on Fido, have since left them. I am not here to bash them but share experiences.

I upgraded to a 4 from a 3G while on fido. I was very satisfied with my plan ($30 data +$25 voice/text, no other costs) so I decided to line up for a 4 and stick with fido. However, as you know they are on 3 year plans, not 2. Having been only with them for 2 years since the 3G, I called and confirmed that I could infact, upgrade for $299 (32gb) AND use my fido dollars. Score. I lined up, activated, signed new contract and had my phone in my hand out the door. I go online to check my bill in a week or so to check the charges. Fido had decided that since I didnt complete my previous contract, and they were doing me the favor of letting me upgrade early, that they could then still let me serve out my previous contract before starting my new one. So............stacking my plan means that I was in a CONTRACT with Fido, with my iPhone 4, for the next 4 years. No thanks. I paid my ETF ($350) and moved to rogers pay-as-you-go. I still came out on top with a cheap iphone 4, but fido wouldn't unlock my iphone 4 for any reason blah blah blah. :mad: I have used a gevey sim since then.

4. bigpoppamac31 thread starter macrumors 68000

Gevey Sim? You mean one of these? http://www.gevey.com/gevey-ultra-s-for-gsm-iphone-4s/ What does it do?

Well I upgraded March of last year (2012) from a iPhone 3G to 4S six months prior to my three years with the 3G. But yeah my three years still ends in September 2015. Not March 2015 from when I upgraded the phone. I also pay around $100 per month. My plan is "250 minutes + Unlimited Evening and Weekend + Unlimited Incoming Calls + 100 Long Distance" + 6GB data plan which was a special deal I got with the 3G and I carried over to the 4S. My monthly cost is a bit pricey and I wish I could bring it down. I've heard many people complain about Rogers. Are they any good?

5. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

I'm with Fido using an iPhone 4
    $55 month 6GB data with tethering, basic phone service, 2500 texts.

6. dextr3k macrumors 6502

Pretty much that was my plan. Unlimited evenings and weekends, so it was more than what I needed.

Gevey sim is a chip inserted between your phone and the sim card, essentially allows your phone to be unlocked. Its a hassle and sometimes not stable.

I was primarily very dissatisfied with how they handle contracts. So essentially if I were to have upgraded to an iphone 5 when it came out. My contract would have been 5 years.

Rogers has the same towers, they are big so customer service isnt good. But fido is a sub of Rogers, so going up had no differences in coverage. And they don't stack contracts.

7. filfortugno macrumors regular

yep, 5 years now

I've been with fido for 5 years now and have upgraded twice. After two years(even on a 3-year contract) Fido offers an upgrade for signing a contract for three more years, you will pay the 3 year contract price, which is usually 350 for 64gb, 250 for 32 and 150 for 16.

8. bigpoppamac31 thread starter macrumors 68000

After two years from the last upgrade??