Any chance at all of a jailbreak by Monday?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by appleguy123, Jul 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I'm going camping next week and would like to have MyWi on my iPhone 4 to use my iPad. If you had to guess, when do you say that the jailbreak will come out?

2. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

My guess? 7.4 minutes from now. Just my guess though.

3. terraphantm macrumors 68040

there's a decent chance, really depends on how far along Comex is w/ his latest jailbreak effort. Timing would be good... 4.1 won't be released 'til September if judging by the past x.1 releases. Even if they release a 4.0.2, it won't be a significant upgrade.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Noone knows when and nobody can answer your question.
    Your guess is as good as anyones.

5. NaCl macrumors member

6. pasipple macrumors 6502a

pasipple

My best guess is 10 minutes after you leave for camping!

7. meagain macrumors 68030

:) I'm hoping by Monday for sure. I'm betting on it.

8. DN7335 macrumors 6502

For me, I'm hoping its out coming up this week. I have a trip planned also and I need MyWi for that exact same reason (iPad).

We know that Comex is creating the new JB and you can follow him on Twitter at www.twitter.com/comex, you'll be as much in the loop as the rest of us. I was very happy that 4.0.1 came out today, it means we're that much closer. I don't think they will wait for 4.1 to release what they have.

9. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

I believe it depends on what Apple announces tomorrow...

If they say the 4.0.1 update is the final solution for the signal problem and they don't plan on fixing anything else in that regard, then I think there's a good chance of a release soon. The Dev Team could also be waiting for the initial bugs (proximity sensor, etc.) are fixed.

Also, I could be completely wrong.

10. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

Just out of curiosity and not as a slam, why do you think the dev team would or will wait until the bug fixes? Just another update to have to deal with?

11. ACardAttack macrumors 6502

ACardAttack

There is nothing apple can do to fix the antenna through an update, all they can do is make sure the bars are accurate. So I dont see apple doing anything else with the antenna.

12. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

Like you said, actually solving the problem through a software update is completely out of the question.

There are a few things they can actually do through a software update - many of them have been discussed in the thread linked below by people who actually, in varying degrees, know what they are talking about (Actually RF Engineers and other engineers - lots of forum "Engineers
    - hah!). I'm obviously not qualified to comment on these issues, but this link does provide some interesting insight into the issue.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=968928&highlight=engineer

I sure hope they at least address it, for their sake. Customers do deserve to know, I believe.

13. labman macrumors 604

labman

Dev-team is working on developing a efficient jailbreak and unlock that is easy to use and as problem free as possible. when it's done they will release it. Regardless of peoples travels or moving or the next firmware update. And nobody knows right now probably including the dev-team. Planetbeing just posted a video the other day showing the unlocked worked but said it was a pain in the ass. Also said they have 3 ways to go but aren't sure which they will use. Just relax you have no choice but wait unless you can you can hack it yourself.

14. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

I'm sure the dev team has a jailbreak ready to go, 4.0.1 didn't change much and there wasn't anything out there for apple to patch. I think they are waiting for today's announcement and then they will release depending on what is said.

15. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Actually it seems @comex has the jailbreak and the DevTeam is concentrating on an unlock tool.

(Except for 3G phones for which Redsn0w still works)

16. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

No one knows that the dev teams plans are - most of comex's comments suggest it won't be in the next few days. Bottom line is we just don't know still.

Nonetheless, everyone hoping it's relatively soon.

I honestly expect to wait another week or two - just a gut feeling :D

17. labman macrumors 604

labman

One other thing to ts your going camping guessing in the wilderness with a phone with attenna issues. You probably have a touch on vk. Personly I just buy a payg phone while camping. Avoid the I dropped my I4 in the river now what story.

18. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

Pretty much... People are going to want to update to the first REAL update to 4.0 that fixes other bug like the proximity sensor, then they'll annoy the hell out of the dev team like they are now.

19. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

One of my friends told me that he accidentally mutes every single call at least twice.

20. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

For me, I end the call after 1-5 minutes into the call. I normally use the wired headset anyway so it doesn't affect me as much.

21. froggiemlm macrumors member

I have the problem of muting my calls as well. i guess its my fat cheeks lol

22. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

23. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

Someone I know who has this issue simply taps the PowerOn button to lock the phone while on a call.

24. terraphantm macrumors 68040

This ends the call if the screen is already off though..

25. appleguy123 thread starter macrumors 603

appleguy123

I'm not going tent-camping. It's church camping in a cabin. I need to smuggle electronic gadget in there. ;)
    Also, THE IPHONE DOES NOT HAVE AN ANTENNA ISSUE, YOUR HAND HAS AN IPHONE ISSUE. /obvious joke is obvious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.