Any chance of a non-retina quiet update this year?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Desert Dog, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Desert Dog macrumors newbie

I was hoping the none-retina version of the 27 iMac would receive a slight upgrade with Thunderbolt 2 ports and 4.0 i7. I would also have liked a bump in the video card to the Nvidia 980m, which I know is off the table with the switch back to ATI.

2. FredT2 macrumors 6502

Don't think so.

3. AppleDroid macrumors 6502a

Sadly no. If I could get the non retina with the 295x and 4Ghz option I would but it seems they are going to wait until Broadwell chips ship next year before updating the lineup. (And probably a spec boost on the riMac as well.)

4. smartbot macrumors member

smartbot

If the Macbook Pro is any indication they may never update the non-retina iMacs. They may just introduce additional retina iMacs in the future...

5. Gav Mack macrumors 68020

Gav Mack

I would be surprised if lower models didnt receive the broadwell cpu, chipset and ddr4 memory late this or early next year that have held up pretty much the rest of the Mac range getting their product refresh.

If the classic 27 sales bomb out then it's likely not going to happen but only Apple will know that.

6. potatis macrumors 6502a

potatis

The 5k iMac would probably drop down in price by $500 in a year or so, meaning at least the high-end standard 27" has to go.