any chance of an iPad Superbowl ad push?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by msduncan, Feb 7, 2010.

1. msduncan macrumors 6502

Was just thinking.... should we expect an ad or two tonight during the Super Bowl?

2. NeuralControl macrumors 6502a

I don't think anyone can answer this question. However, it would be great to see an Apple ad during the Super Bowl.

3. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

4. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

Apple don't need to advertise the iPad, it advertises itself. :)

5. msduncan thread starter macrumors 6502

Which is why they handed Colbert an iPad before he walked on stage at the Grammys. :rolleyes:

6. Sketh macrumors 6502

Sketh

I'd love to see an iPad commercial during the Superbowl, though I'll be at work.

How insane would it be for them to have booked the entire 8 Minute promo video they have on the website?

7. msduncan thread starter macrumors 6502

Not going to happen.

More likely it will be a very catchy new commercial series aimed at JohnQPublic the same way the iphone commercials were.

8. zemzabob macrumors regular

zemzabob

I guess we will all find out later! I sure hope so!

9. spammerhamster macrumors 6502

He begged Steve to make him look cool

10. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Yes, you can. Every company that has scheduled a Super Bowl ad is known. This subject has received substantial coverage in the popular media and on numerous websites. One such site is CBS.com which even includes preview clips of the Super Bowl ads. Suffice it to say, Apple has no ads scheduled.

11. *LTD* macrumors G4

*LTD*

LOL, watch the Colts offensive coordinator pull one out on the sidelines and start calling plays from it.

That would be all kinds of awesome.

12. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

/thread

Then again, maybe the summarisers will be reading stats off some Apple-gifted hardware.

13. RMXO macrumors 6502a

If I were apple. I would of bought a 30 sec airtime. Have the iPad on the screen then show the release date & right before it ends. Tell the world that pre-order starts now.

14. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

iPad Ad

Normally when Apple unveils a new product they show us the ad they are going to use... I noticed during the keynote they didn't show us an ad... I wonder if Apple is going to show their ad during the Superbowl tonight?

Thoughts?

15. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

When you already have the most respected and admired ad in Superbowl history you can only invite negative comparisons by doing it again. Has Apple ever run a Superbowl add since 84?

16. agkm800 macrumors 6502a

agkm800

The official iPad launch is another 50 days away. If I were Apple, I'd spend the money to promote already existing products.

17. Hmac macrumors 68020

Apple isn't on the published list of Super Bowl advertisers. OTOH, neither is Google, although it is rumored that they do have a spot for either "Parisian Love" or something for the Nexus One.

18. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

No. Not without it being available. Besides, Jobs doesn't strike me as the "buy overpriced ads" type.

19. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

I would love to see an Apple ad during the superbowl, but I think the Grammy Stunt was probably enough.

20. Not Steve Jobs macrumors newbie

21. Cyberguard macrumors newbie

Let's not forget the 1984 ad they had !!! Classics never die ! Could they pull out another stunt like that ?
    If it is really the most important project Jobs has worked on in so long, I would definitely think something like that could happen.