Any chance of anti-glare display in next rMBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cntwtfrmynwmbp, Jan 16, 2013.

1. cntwtfrmynwmbp macrumors member

What do you think?

An anti-glare rMBP would be my perfect notebook!

2. Ploki macrumors 68000

3. drambuie macrumors 6502a

The rMBP already uses an anti-glare screen. It reduces reflections by 75% just like on the new 2012 iMac. Also, it does it without the anti-glare coating artifacts such as rainbow fringing.

4. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

I assume you mean a matte screen. I suppose there is always a chance, but since Apple is happily promoting the current screen as reducing glare from previous versions, I wouldn't count on it.

5. Radiating macrumors 65816

Agreed.

6. cntwtfrmynwmbp thread starter macrumors member

Hmm, just because glare is down 75% doesn't mean it's anti-glare imo.

Personally I think the chances for a true anti-glare option like on the current cMBP (15 inch) are slim. Unfortunately. But Apple could make the bezel like in the MBA, this would reduce glare somewhat.

7. F1 Fan macrumors regular

F1 Fan

Does it need it? I keep trying to work out how much glare it suffers from but I'm very dubious about trying to do that in the Apple Store since they display them in the best possible light (terrible pun intended).

8. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

75% down from the worst glare possible is still annoying. For anybody that likes matte it won't cut it.
    I tried Sony AR displays which have an actual AR coating and no super reflective glass and in sunlight in the garden or cafe it is extremely impractical still compared to an actual matte.

9. Ploki macrumors 68000

they couldn't. Didn't you read my post?

http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/MacBook+Pro+Retina+Display+Teardown/9493/1

when you take the glass away you are left with different foils. it's the top layer without the matte layer.