Any chance of getting service under my wifes social/name without her being there?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lokiju, Jul 8, 2008.

1. lokiju macrumors 6502

I have off on Friday and plan on getting a 16GB if possible but since my credit is shot and her's isn't I was wondering if there is any chance of being allowed to use her name and social without her being there.

Even if they can speak with her over the phone or something like that...

Is there pretty much zero chance of this happening?

2. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

ZERO chance

3. aubreyjane macrumors newbie

I am assuming you want to prevent her from having to miss work or stand in line. You can go into the AT&T store any day before Friday and she can set up the service line and have you added as an authorized user on the account. That would allow you to go by yourself on launch day without her. Make sure you know the last 4 digits of her SSN b/c they are going to ask. Hope that helps!

4. lokiju thread starter macrumors 6502

So I can do this at an AT&T store but then go to a Apple store to get the actual Iphone?

I'm nearly certain I will be getting it from my local Apple store.

5. Sonicjay macrumors 6502a

Sonicjay

No more chance than anybody on this forum would have in trying to use your wife's SSN.

6. bjquach macrumors 6502

To get an iPhone 3G, you will need the social security card this time. Look on apple.com/retail or in AT&T's iReady.

7. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

No chance

8. aubreyjane macrumors newbie

You do not have to have the SS card if the credit check has already been performed. My sister has added a line to her account, we did this on June 20th and I will be going into the AT&T store on Friday without her. The credit check was already done and the line has already been set up. She added me as an authorized user on the account which allows me to sign contracts, add phones, change service plans etc on the account. I can do all of this without her being there. If you go in with our wife prior to Friday and get all of this set up you will be able to purchase the phone on the 11th without her being there. I am not sure about going to an Apple store. I was told to go back to the AT&T store where we set everything up to prevent issues. Good Luck!

9. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

no, just the number

10. Sonicjay macrumors 6502a

Sonicjay

I realize that's just a typo, but I lol'd :D

11. lokiju thread starter macrumors 6502

Hum.

So basically I can make it work without her being there by doing these things in advance but won't be able to buy from the Apple store...