Any chance of iPhone 5 still being announced at WWDC?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eperrine, Jun 6, 2011.

1. eperrine macrumors newbie

Hi.

I was largely disappointed, but also expecting, no announcement of the iPhone 5. I don't want to wait until September, i timed my contract to end when the iPhones are usually are announced. So; before i purchase the amazing Samsung Galaxy S2, do you think there's still a chance Steve Jobs could announce the iPhone 5 at the next couple of days of the WWDC? Or can i go for it and by the S2 now. Because I DON'T want to by a S2 and then have the iPhone 5 announced the day after! It would suck.

I don't know what Apple was thinking lol.. Oh well, it must be for a reason. Thanks all.

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

No. There's always the tiniest chance but for all intents, no. Not gonna happen. If they were going to do it it would've been today.

3. lifeguard macrumors 6502

lifeguard

your kidding right? so your telling me you can't wait 3 or 4 months? wow..... just wow

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. Sorry, OP, but it ain't gonna happen.

5. eperrine thread starter macrumors newbie

Lol, i know it's stupid. But i've already been super excited for this to come out for the past six months, and to realise it hasn't, even though i was warned, is extremely frustrating. Plus, i have lost quite a lot of trust for Apple, WILL it be out in September? Or 2012? Who knows, i certainly don't. SO yeah, i won't be waiting an extra 3-4 months.

6. Kflik macrumors member

I am confident that there will be absolutely no iPhone 5 announced anytime soon.

If they were going to announce it in June, than WWDC keynote would have been when they would have done it.

The S2 might be a fine phone, but if you have waited long enough for a contract to expire (assuming 2 years) you might as well wait a couple of months, the iPhone 5 looks pretty promising.

7. qacjared macrumors regular

New hardware requires new versions of the OS. (Example iPhone 4 launched with 4.0, a few months later the newest touch had 4.1)

I think it's pretty safe that an iPhone won't come out till iOS 5 is fully baked. That said, why can't you wait 3 months? You're going to be stuck with a contract for an Andriod phone after the iPhone 5 comes out...

8. eperrine thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm buying the S2 outright, no plan. :)

9. eperrine thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay thanks guys, if theres confirmed that theres no iPhone 5 til September, i'm gonna go for it! Cheers, pretty excited.

10. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Considering that they won't release iOS 5 until September and they always have an event sometime around then, I'd say its coming in September.

11. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

I would have to say no, if for nothing else than to keep the stockholders happy. These keynotes are like a roller-coaster for anyone with shares in Apple. I can't see them having a phone up their sleeve and NOT announcing it if it was ready today.