iPad Pro Any chance of personal pickup going live tonight?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Hey Now, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Hey Now macrumors member

Do you think the personal pickup option will show up tonight? I'm going to try to pick up a 9.7 Pro in-store tomorrow morning regardless, but I'm hoping the personal pickup online ordering option will be possible.

2. Capt T macrumors 6502a

It will need to be in the store inventory system in order to give the option. You may want to call the store you are planning to go to tomorrow and see if they recieved a shipment in today.

3. HiItsMe macrumors 6502

I think it will go live tomorrow morning. When the big pro came out last year, I was undecided and almost did store pickup that morning at 10am but wanted to feel how heavy it was before purchasing. Used in store pickup option to see that my store still had stock. Got to the mall by 10:30am to find that my size and configuration was sold out (thanks to a foreigner literally buying eight of them with cash). I was so pissed as I stood there next to him with his pile of iPads to be flipped. Moral of the story, get there early and use pickup if possible.

4. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68020

Bazooka-joe

Reserve and pick up in now available. Just reserved mine for pick up from my local Appje store

5. Hey Now thread starter macrumors member

I'm not seeing that on my end, either through the Apple app or the website. Best Buy's pickup options are also now available, so I've already placed my order with them (9.7/128/SG/cellular).

6. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

Just ordered mine for personal pickup today at the nearest Apple store.

7. stulaw11 Suspended

Its open now showing availability. Every store for 500 miles has for example a 32gb gray wifi

iPads are rarely in short supply.

8. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

Was able to order everything in personal pickup for my silver LTE 256 model but the keyboard.

9. russ99 macrumors member

It's live now, at 8am I was able to order mine for Apple Store pickup.

Keyboard isn't available for pickup yet.

10. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68040

Lobwedgephil

11. BitSlap macrumors member

This iPad is a slight downgrade to an already existing pro. There is not a lot of hype for this one outside of the vocal minority on these forums that ordered one. You will easily be able to find one in a local store today.

12. Aluminum213 macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

There is very little hype for this iPad, you can easily pick up any model tomorrow

Plus, I expect places like Best Buy and staples to start discounts in a month or so like we saw with the iPad Pro

13. stulaw11 Suspended

You mean it has as much hype as any recent ipad release, which is always much much less than iphones, other than the vocal MINorities here which are the detractors/anti-Apple

iPads RARELY have lines/hype after the very first one being a completely new product to the market. Doesnt mean they didnt have 2-3 million pre-orders.

You dont hear hype about the iphone SE either and it had quite a few million pre-ordered.

14. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68040

Lobwedgephil

Or you could pick one up today.

15. Aluminum213 macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

It's out today? Lol thought it was tomorrow

Just checked, every Apple Store has it

16. titans1127 macrumors 6502a

Ordered mine abound an hour and a half ago and it was ready in 30 minutes. Gonna pick it up in a little bit.

17. bevsb2 macrumors 65816

There doesn't seem to be a lot of excitement about this new iPad and there should be - it is fantastic. :) Love mine!

18. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68040

Lobwedgephil

And that's Apple's iPad problem, they last so long no need for most people to upgrade often. I still do, but I don't need to.