Any chance of walking into an Apple Store and buying a Series 2?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Molson1020, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Molson1020 macrumors regular

So I want to buy my first Apple Watch, and all the stores online are saying "Unavailable For Pickup" and shipping estimates are 3-5 Weeks. Are all the stores for sure out of stock and will I have to wait 3-5 weeks for one?

2. ABSjazz macrumors member

ABSjazz

I was close to a mall on iPhone/Watch launch day and decided to pop in. Was only there to pick up a case for my 7 plus that is shipping soon, so got into a very short line to enter the store. As I was checking out, I just casually asked about their Series 2 stock and it turned out that they had the Space Gray 42 that I wanted, so I went for it. Inadvertently skipped a bunch of people in a separate line I think lol. Doesn't hurt to check!

3. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

I would call Apple and ask. Each store has its own inventory, and markets are very different. And, stores are regularly receiving new inventory. Since there are so many watch SKUs, and you may have flexibility in a specific model you want, it is hard to find local availability through the web app. When I picked up a watch locally on Friday for someone else, my store had the SKU while his store did not.

4. Molson1020 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I've been trying to call the Apple stores around me but they all are too busy to take phone calls apparently.

5. Kelsey498 macrumors newbie

I also cannot get a store to pick up a phone...so frustrating.

6. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I walked in on launch day and had no issues. I couldn't tell you what today is like though. My online order also got moved up considerably. It wasn't supposed to arrive until the 28 and it's driving in the 21. It actually shipped moments after I purchased at the store so I couldn't cancel. It will be returned once it arrives.

7. bumble_bee macrumors newbie

I have been checking up on the inventory for the Apple Store closest to me since launch day and they have said that S2's have been "Unavailable for Pickup" alllllll weekend. I started to question if this was really the case and decided to go to the store today. There was a pretty decent sized line waiting outside and when it was my turn I asked the guy if they had one in stock and he said they haven't had any. They are hoping that they will begin to trickle in throughout the week and it's mostly just a wait and hope to get lucky game. He also said that when they do get some in, they will show up online. So if you see that the one you want becomes available, you better reserve it quick because who knows when the next one will come in.

8. SUMIMASN macrumors member

SUMIMASN

I was wondering the same thing & started a thread as I was in an Apple Store here in Canada yesterday. Seems like there are people that got watches at an actual Store which is always my preference as I really enjoy the experience & would like to have an AW2 asap (I'm sure there are many others hoping for the same!)

9. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

I would not limit it to one store. I would give 1-800-MY-APPLE a try as well.

10. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

I would just go to the store whenever I'm nearby and ask.

Then again, I've got something like five or six stores within a reasonable distance. ;p

11. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I would wait till Monday. I just drove by my Apple Store and it was mayhem. Not getting near it. Next week they might even start answering the phones.

12. Sharkey311 Suspended

It is about 45 minutes to the nearest apple store. I ordered my space black SS 42mm yesterday and it isn't arriving until mid October. I am going to go up to the Apple Store tomorrow I think and try my luck there. Also to see if they have a Black 128gb Plus I can swap out with my Gold.