Any chance there will be Watch 4 in stock at Apple stores this Friday?

kevjen888

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
im scheduled to pick up my preordered XS Max this Friday at my local Apple store. I just appraised that my watch 3 cellular worths $225 trade in To Apple. Any chance they will have some watch 4 in stock Friday so I can trade in my 3 for the 4 while picking up my phone?

Dwalls90

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2009
It's not looking hopeful that you'll be able to just waltz in and pick one up. Unless I'm missing something, the launch day stock seems to be already all spoken for according to iStockNow. Perhaps there will be inventory that isn't available for in-store pickup, but you'll need to be in line to get one (I'd wager).

enthawizeguy

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2007
North Hollywood, CA
will istocknow update the site with stainless steel once they start shipping?
It's not looking hopeful that you'll be able to just waltz in and pick one up. Unless I'm missing something, the launch day stock seems to be already all spoken for according to iStockNow. Perhaps there will be inventory that isn't available for in-store pickup, but you'll need to be in line to get one (I'd wager).

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
im scheduled to pick up my preordered XS Max this Friday at my local Apple store. I just appraised that my watch 3 cellular worths $225 trade in To Apple. Any chance they will have some watch 4 in stock Friday so I can trade in my 3 for the 4 while picking up my phone?
My guess is that the iPhone will be far more in stock then the Apple Watch will be this year. It will be very difficult depending on your store location, the amount of traffic that it see’s if you will be able to actually even pick one up. If it’s the aluminum model, that will be the most popular for obvious reasons.

cwanja

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
Texas
Per istocknow and confirming on Apple's website, there are still tons of aluminum models available in my local Apple stores. I am still trying my luck when I go into an Apple store to pickup my Xs pre-order, but am not holding my breath.

Reactions: kevjen888

sclawis300

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2010
How exactly is it spoken for? Do you get it some other way than being first in line at the store?

Arpnee

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2018
How exactly is it spoken for? Do you get it some other way than being first in line at the store?
On preorder day there’s an option to pick up in store out of their launch day stock. Pretty much all the stainless models sold out within a minute or two. Unless Apple is holding some back and made them unavailable for preorder launch day pickup they are all sold already.

Reactions: Dwalls90

Dwalls90

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2009
On preorder day there’s an option to pick up in store out of their launch day stock. Pretty much all the stainless models sold out within a minute or two. Unless Apple is holding some back and made them unavailable for preorder launch day pickup they are all sold already.
Exactly what I meant. Appreciate you clarifying!

Avenger

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2007
I think they usually set aside stock for walk up, just like they always do with the iPhones.

JT2002TJ

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2013
I think they usually set aside stock for walk up, just like they always do with the iPhones.
They do, but, they usually do not set aside the most in demand items. And if they do, it would be a very very few stores.

With all these phones out and watches, I wouldn't want to deal with the lines, it will be a zoo.

Arpnee

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2018
S
So I talked to a few friends. Each work at different Apple stores. I was told they normally have some of all options on release day. They don’t have exact numbers yet. For some reason there seems to be a very limited supply of stainless cases so I would those go first.

SHKLMRE

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2013
Pennsylvania
I’m SOL. My local Apple store is tax free, so they usually don’t allow walks ins for the first few days for new iPhones, I’m assuming it’s the same for the AW. And I’m headed there to pick up my XS Max reservation, so hopefully I’ll be able to find an AW at another store sometime soon.

a.y.n

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2009
San Francisco
I’m SOL. My local Apple store is tax free, so they usually don’t allow walks ins for the first few days for new iPhones, I’m assuming it’s the same for the AW. And I’m headed there to pick up my XS Max reservation, so hopefully I’ll be able to find an AW at another store sometime soon.
orly, I've never heard of this, interesting. Is this Portland?

SHKLMRE

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2013
Pennsylvania
orly, I've never heard of this, interesting. Is this Portland?
No, this particular store is in delaware. There’s a handful of other tax free states that have stores, and usually to prevent scalpers they don’t allow walk ins, only reservations.

igrover

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2007
Last year Apple Stores had stock of the basic aluminum watch with sport band all the way up to mid-day Saturday for purchase. The new sport loop models were not available for walk-in purchase. Regarding the SS models which I was looking for 2 of the 5 Apple Stores in my area had the 42mm SB SS models WITH the Milanese loop available for walk-in purchase. No SS models with sport band available.

I suspect this year if you are looking for the basic aluminum sport band it will probably be in stock for a limited time again. SS models will be hard to find.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 68040
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
I don't think the stories will have many...if any. A lot of people are interested in AW4 this year and a lot of people are upgrading from earlier series

redavis41

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2017
From last year there was a ton of stock for walk-ins on release day. I didn't preorder and went to my local Apple Store and there were both SS and SBSS and aluminum models available for pickup in both sizes. Especially if you want the ones with Milanese bands, they tend to be available.

Reactions: SHKLMRE

jmpage2

macrumors 68040
Sep 14, 2007
What about Best Buy, Target, AT&T stores, etc., will any of them have inventory?

I placed a pre-order at 6AM last week and my expected delivery is middle of October so I might try to get one locally.

tresmith

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2014
If you want a watch on launch day, you should check your wireless carriers. Most are probably out already but you may have some luck with Tmobile. Reason being is that you have to buy a wireless plan to buy the watch from Tmobile...and that probably turned off and turned away alot of people.

On launch day, everyone was out of the 44mm Space Black model except for tmobile. So it cost me an additional $35 to get the watch from them.

If you are willing to pay a little extra you might be able to get one from them. The CR told me that they had only sold 5 of the model that I wanted at that time. So I'm assuming they had alot of inventory left.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.