Any chance they'll put a normal VESA mount on it and a decent stand?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by unfrostedpoptar, Jun 7, 2012.

1. unfrostedpoptar macrumors regular

Argh - I'm in the middle of putting Apple's VESA adapter on my 27" iMac. It would be great if the new models used a standard VESA mount on the computer itself. I hope they'll at least put a decent stand on it. The one from the last few years looks nice but isn't adjustable at all. They have a whole section in the owners manual that comes with the iMac about ergonomics and how high the keyboard and screen should be for proper, healthy use. And then you can't follow those instructions because the stupid stand doesn't go up and down!

Just to add insult to injury, when I brought in my old iMac, which had the VESA adapter and a regular stand, to the Apple Store for service a few weeks ago, the people who worked there acted like I had desecrated the holy Mac :)

Anyway, I fully expect Apple to not do any of this since they've become way too concerned with form over function, but I'd be happy to be surprised!

David

2. Chabba macrumors regular

Nope.

3. BlazednSleepy macrumors 6502a

Turning the imac right and left is actually easy. Its not grippy so it slide easily.

4. unfrostedpoptar thread starter macrumors regular

What does that have to do with adjusting the height?

5. BlazednSleepy macrumors 6502a

oh I was thinking of something else. My mistake.:p