any chance to buy a new3 years Apple Care at the end of current one?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by macmania82, Jun 4, 2009.

1. macmania82 macrumors regular

any chance to buy an another 3 years Apple Care at the end of current one?

2. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

The apple care extended warranty is only 2 years on the back of the original one-year. And, no, they won't extend it. You can find third party warranties from places like squaretrade but I don't know how much value they have.

3. macmania82 thread starter macrumors regular

I was planing to buy a second hand macbook pro , I found one good deal and Apple Care will be over at October 2009. thats why I was wondering if it is possible

what if mbp crashes just after apple care period? :(

4. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Then you get to learn a whole lot about your mac by DIY ;)(a lot of help can be found in the MBP discussion section). Being out of apple care doesn't mean apple won't repair it, it just means it will cost some moola.

5. macmania82 thread starter macrumors regular

mbp already use all cash in wallet to get bought :) no more left for repairing!

6. Unprocessed1 macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

can you extend AC for another 2/3 years (meaning 5-6 yrs of coverage since original purchase) as long as you buy it still under warranty? MAybe that's what the OP was saying?

7. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

The OP was very obviously saying that, and the posters after them have made it very clear that no, you can't. You get three years from the date of purchase (original date of purchase, btw) and no more, ever, nada. Apple simply does not offer any sort of guarantee that they will fix your machine after three years without you ponying up the cash for each repair.

jW