Any comment from liberals on Trump firing Bannon?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Zombie Acorn, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

For months we've heard Bannon was the puppeteer for the Trump admin. Turns out his ass just got fired.

We were treated to gems such as this for months:

Trump_bannon_1_.jpg

No comment now after Trump put him out on his ass?

I imagine this is how the Russian investigation will end, with a whimper.

2. Zenithal Suspended

To be honest, as a Republican, I won't be satisfied until I see Trump in jail bawling his eyes out. Orange and black mascara and toner dripping to the floor.

Edit: Oh good lord, he's Garfield.

3. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

4. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

The best way for a scumbag to seem slightly less of a scumbag is to be on Trump’s staff and then get fired or quit. If they aren’t willing to plunge to the depths which Trump demands of them then there is still some slight humanity left.

5. zin macrumors 6502

Breitbart will be on their reading list tomorrow.

Right after they managed to cross off 'siding with North Korea', 'citing Chinese state media', and 'approving of John McCain more than Republicans'.

6. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Like Pinocchio, Trump has cut the strings because he wants to be a real, live boy.

Unfortunately, he's more like one of those movies where the ventriloquist's creepy dummy becomes the dominant force and goes on a rampage.

7. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

I think Brannon influenced Trump, but Trump is his own fool. I mean animal. Proof? Look at his tweet history. He has been an ******* for years.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 18, 2017 ---
    Ahhhh were you hurt by the big bad satirical cartoons?

8. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Nope a strong man like Trump doesn't let someone pull his strings. He says **** you and keeps on going on his own path. Just pointing out how wrong the left was.

9. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

You haven't pointed out anything lol.

10. SoggyCheese macrumors regular

SoggyCheese

Maybe UK, Maybe Spain, maybe even elsewhere
    This is a piece of theatre IMO. Bannon is still very much on Trump's speed dial.

11. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

You think that. I think it was pretty right on until Kelly came aboard. Trump is so gullible and Bannon is so persuasive. He could sell Putin a ride in a FSB car to Butyrka Prison in Moscow, which is saying something.

So Bannon could sell Trump whatever was in Bannon's head, one idea at a time. Dismantling the adminstrative state, let's see. Let's not hire any deputy chiefs in the agencies. That way there's nobody home when the phone rings, since you'll be schmoozing with the chief you picked, and we cleared out the desks of everyone else on Day One.

Trump: but then the agency can't do anything.
    Bannon: right, just like we planned.
    Trump: right, right, I keep forgetting, it's a big job, a big job.​

I also think Bannon engineered a departure because he knows Mueller's not running on fumes.

Bannon's not stupid. He knew he was on record in the interview he gave to the Prospect. He might already have been fired or only on warning from Kelly, but he was gonna get fired going up against official policy in an interview, for sure. Show smarts getting out early.

So the question is whether he knows anything he could do to Trump regarding Russia. What's weird is he's about the only guy who cares. People leaking have lost their power now. Meuller has grand juries empaneled and Kelly is a gatekeeper. The leakers need to be afraid, very afraid they will out themselves by leaking custom-tainted material. That becomes a very toxic environment. Not so much fun waiting to be subpoenaed or deposed... surrounded by lawyers.

Only one in that crew likely to hang in there is Sarah. She becomes the Ron Ziegler character if you're comparing to Watergate. Only, she's warier and smarter, by a couple notches. Being a mother of very young kids can do that to you. :D

12. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Wow.. All I will say is that the big, bad, 1A surely must be sticking in someone's craw.

What's even sadder is how some are taking offense to this, even though they were reminded that Trump and his staff are employees of us, the People. In fact, I believe I used more blunt words back in April of this year:

They answer to us, just as much as we can criticize their work, whether by speech, by press, by petition, and/or by assembly, without fear of retribution from the government.

Trump can't see that, and it appears that others here aren't handling that so well, either.

BL.

13. citizenzen macrumors 65816

14. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

So you are admitting the left was wrong about Bannon and that Trump pulled the trigger on him and is actually calling the shots?

15. citizenzen macrumors 65816

The entire left wing did not claim that.

Please try to remain rational.

16. HEK Suspended

HEK

Now Bannon can be let loose against the congress. And other White House staff.

17. Zenithal Suspended

18. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

I have two take aways from today's 'firing'....
    1. Don't contradict little boy trump. Doesn't matter how close you are in the inner circle, LBT demands blind loyalty.
    2. Bannon wanted out. That's why he held the interview earlier this week and why he is already reinstated at Brietbart. Just HOURS later.
    3. Kelly likely was the final push for the decision. But if someone is going to pull LBT's strings, I'd rather it be Kelly then Bannon.

Ok, make that three take aways.

Misjudging? No.
    Every puppet in every horror movie turns on its 'master'. It's just a matter of time.
    And the trump presidency is certainly a horror.

19. nia820 macrumors 68000

nia820

Bannon shouldn't have been in the Whitehouse in the first place. The man was known white supremacist sympathizer and yet Trump still hired him.

20. samcraig macrumors P6

Bannon wasn't fired. He resigned. And it's likely a chess move to create state media based on Bannon's comments that he's not going to war AT Trump but FOR Trump.

21. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

No. I am not. And the fact that you got all of that out of my post to build your straw man really does explain irrationality that has been plaguing the Reds over the past few months, let alone years.

What I have said, and I will say it again, as this is related to all of the political cartoons/comic panes posted, is that we are allowed and granted the right to criticize our government without fear of retribution from that government. Trump did all that he could to criticize nearly every form of government we had while he was a candidate. It didn't matter who or which political affiliation it was, he criticized it. Now that he is POTUS, he has become the very thing he has criticized, and as such, has become culpable to we, the people. He is our employee. We do not work for him, nor does anyone in his staff. They are now part of government, and there to serve us, the people.

Not just a certain base, or certain subset of people, ALL OF US. We are his employer, not the other way around. And through our elected representatives, we have accountability, no matter if directly to the POTUS, or to those representatives. We put them in, we can put them out.

You see, Trump throughout his campaign has had an air of arrogance. Case in point, stating that he could shoot someone and still have people vote for him. He doesn't realize that we become his boss after he got elected. Now he is bearing the fruits of that arrogance.

BL.

22. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

Ugh, did you forget that as POTUS, Trump has to call the shots? I always took those images as meaning that Trump is gullible as ****. Proof? Of course I have proof: his twitter posts.

23. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Well, imo, the lesson is when multiple huge douchebags get fired, there must be a giant king douchebag at the reigns...

24. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

I'm unsure of his motives. His "off the record" interview was not a slip up.

Edit: I hate you auto correct!!