Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lsquare

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2010
http://www.myincipio.com/iPad-2-Cas...-Smart-feather-Ultralight-Hard-Shell-Case.asp

I'm leaning on buying this case because I think it's offering the best value compared to the other iPad 2 case packages. It comes with a screen protector which is a big plus for me. I was leaning on buying a SGP screen protector and the Zum SC case, but it's just too expensive. I know I'm going to be getting an iPad 3 next year so I don't want to blow more than what is required to protect this tablet. I haven't found any suitable cases of this kind on eBay or Dealextreme unless someone can point one out to me.

So what do you guys think? Is this a good case? Does it really secure the smart cover when the case is on? I think it's been mentioned that there is no way the smart cover can come off because the case snaps on to the back, which will indeed hold the smart cover in place no matter how hard I swing the iPad with the smart cover. Any comments on that?

Thanks!

MrRon

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2011
Miami, FL
Zum cheaper and same cover - this has more colors...but same shell...

Yes or no. the incipio smart feather has the top and bottom section of the iPad 2 exposed for scratches (see pic) while zum case covers the top and bottom sections.

I believe that additional coverage from the zum case makes more sense than the incipio smart feather.

Attachments

• ???? 2011-12-06 5.25.24 AM.png
    ???? 2011-12-06 5.25.24 AM.png
    48.2 KB · Views: 84

RossMc

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2010
Newcastle, UK
The Switcheasy Coverbuddy is another option plus you can take the smart cover on and off without having to take the case off and it's cheaper than the Incipio.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.