Any confirmations for bigger T-Mobile iPhone 5 sizes @ Apple Stores?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by onecoolazzgeek, Apr 11, 2013.

1. onecoolazzgeek macrumors member

So, I made an appointment at the genius bar to exchange my 32gb White iPhone 5 (unlocked) for the newer A1428 of the same size. I called the Apple Store today and found out that they have no idea if they will have anything above the same 16GB T-Mobile will have available. Has anybody heard different from an Apple Store in their area? I called the one here in Plano, TX (Willow Bend Mall)

2. bozzykid macrumors 68020

All T-Mobile stores carry the different sizes of unlocked iPhones. You will just have to wait and see if they have replaced all of them with the new version by tomorrow.

3. hello12 macrumors regular

So you are going to the apple store to exchange your unlocked iPhone 5 for a recent unlocked version that has AWS enabled? If thats what your doing, are they going to charge you??

4. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

From what I've been told [ 3 Corporate Store Managers, and 2 special *iphone* department CSRs ] that the B&M stores, T-Mobile, will start with 16GB initially and depending on demand, receive the 32s and 64s...

The Apple store, however, should have all variants in stock!

Downside buying from an Apple store : more $$
    Upside : Unlocked !!

----------

The Apple store at Willow Bend Mall is a POS. Try the Fort Worth store on University Blvd. Much more helpful and easier to get correct info from!

5. onecoolazzgeek thread starter macrumors member

They won't charge me anything. I'm actually returning it within my 30-day window so it should be an even trade.

----------

Awesome! That's what I was hoping. Would hate to have to exchange my 32gb for a 16gb (Return/exchange deadline April 18th)

----------

Yeah, it doesn't seem like the best place, but its about 15 minutes from my house, making for an easier "on the way to work" appointment.

6. CEmajr macrumors 601

Yeah tomorrow Tmobile will only carry the 16GB. After they see the initial demand they will consider whether to offer the 32/64 in store as well.