Any course of action to fix these headphones or have the earpiece replaced?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by sdilley14, Dec 31, 2015.

1. sdilley14 macrumors 65816

I bought these Beats Studio wireless headphones less than a year ago. The earpiece is already starting to fall apart. Sadly I do not have the receipt anymore.

Is there any course of action to get this earpiece repaired/replaced by Apple? Any links to cheap "kits" for DIY replacement?

Attached Files:

2. MadDane macrumors 6502a

Where did you buy them? If it where me then I would just go to the store where I bought them and explain my situation. Maybe they have a record of the purchase or something similar that can be used.

I have a pair of BeoPlay headphones that I am getting replaced. I just contacted Bang & Olufsen and then they issued a replacement immediately with no receipt or anything (although I do have the receipt). So my advice would be to just give it a try and see if the store will help you in this case.

3. Polaroid macrumors 6502a

Get bank statement - that is proof of purchase.

4. sdilley14 thread starter macrumors 65816

Well here's the situation. I was able to find the receipt. However, I am not the original purchaser - I bought them from an individual on Craigslist. I still have the original box, all of the accessories, everything, now including the receipt. Original purchase date was 11/23/2014.

Think there is anything I can do here?

5. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

Doubtful, as the warranty on the headphones (1 year) has already expired.

6. sdilley14 thread starter macrumors 65816

That's kinda what I figured. You're usually out of luck after the 1 year mark when it comes to any type of consumer electronics product.

7. Polaroid macrumors 6502a

I bought my Jaybird Blu buds x off eBay and they are happy to replace them (even if they are older than a year) not are fi they do come with life time warranty - but cant hurt to try?

8. sdilley14 thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeah, I might try taking them in to Best Buy and pleading my case. Or get on the line with Beats/Apple customer care and beg them, Lol.