Any different between Applecare versions for 4s?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by itsjustmeee, Dec 15, 2011.

1. itsjustmeee macrumors 6502a

I see that Amazon has 3 different applecare versions for the iphone ... namely "Newest", "Protection Plan" and "Old Version". All three are different prices. I don't see anything that excludes the 4s from the old version which is the cheapest at $67. Has anyone used this for a 4s and had success?

(Or is there a difference in these plans?)

2. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I was imagine that the old version is plain AppleCare, and the newer version is AppleCare+ (which covers accidental damage). Not sure what that third one is. :confused:

3. itsjustmeee thread starter macrumors 6502a

I don't believe it's applecare+. There's only a $5 difference between the three of them. About a year ago, I got a really inexpensive applecare for my mac mini on Amazon. It was quite a bit cheaper but it worked just fine. That's why I'm guessing that the $67 one would work for my 4s. I just wanted to make sure.

4. mpossoff macrumors 68020

Can you confirm that regular Apple Care can be applied to the 4S.

5. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

Yes, I just did this.

+ has accidental damage, non + does not. That is the only difference. + can only be added within 30 days of purchase of the phone. Non + can be added anytime before your year warranty runs out.

6. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

To echo what the poster above said, AppleCare+ can't be purchased outside of Apple itself. Activation of it is more than a code that can be found inside a box. Also, Apple has a firm policy that it can only be added within 30 days from purchase. Whereas, the "old" AppleCare can be added within 1 year of purchase and can usually be purchased cheaper than the MSRP of $69. The code in the box is easily entered in the Apple website.

7. mpossoff macrumors 68020

Ok I was under the impression that you can ONLY get Apple Care + with the 4S. When I look at amazon sellers for Apple Care the 4S isn't included.

8. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

No, you can get the old Apple Care. You may have to call Apple to get this though. + can only be bought within 30 days of the 4S purchase.