Any dual anime-Mac fans want to get involved with a website?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Makosuke, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Makosuke macrumors 603

This is one of those random things I've always meant to do but never really got around to. Figured if I just posted something, I'd either determine that there's no interest, or get myself jump-started.

So:

I'm a relatively hard-core Mac geek. I'm also, to a degree, an anime fan. I run Akemi's Anime World, a modestly popular anime site, on which I just completed a major redesign and relaunch.

Now, I see no reason these two hobbies can't overlap--iMac girl, Mac Hall and all.

I've always wanted to add either a Mac section to my site, or launch a site that in some way combines the two things. I even translated MacFace into English (sweet little app), but never got up the drive to take it farther.

Thus: Anybody here who shares these two loves interested in getting involved in some way with a website that combines the two? Not sure in what way, but that's why I'm asking.

Thanks in advance for bothering to read this far (assuming you did, but of course you wouldn't be reading the thanks if you hadn't)!

2. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

I just have to say I bumped into your site last year and thought it was cool.

Nice to put a username to the face. er, site. :)

3. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

Otaku+Apple Fanboy=Trouble!:D

Good luck with your endeavor whatever it may be.

4. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

Nice site. I like the reviews - very thorough.

5. Makosuke thread starter macrumors 603

Hey, it's gotten me this far in life.

And thanks for the complements, all. It is funny when you run into somebody who you know/have heard of in some entirely unrelated area. Small world syndrome, so to speak.

Had it happen to me once or twice with friends who are micro-famous in some little corner of the world I've never heard of until bumping into someone who had.

6. MecPro macrumors 6502

7. gatepc macrumors 6502

gatepc

What do you need help with? If I can help I would love too. I am a self professed otaku you can check out the anime I have seen here I only know a little about web servers I own the sites http://stevenkphotography.com (hosted smugmug) and http://thethornyrose.com/ I would love to help out though so let me know. PM me or email me.

I also know a little japanese ( not much granted but enough to get the idea of things if an anime happens to not have subtitles. Or basic conversation )

8. Makosuke thread starter macrumors 603

Hey, better interest late than never!
    Well, that's the thing--I'm looking for ideas. Obviously I've already got a site running, it's just that I'd like to add some Mac-specific stuff to it. What, exactly, its more of a challenge.

Screenshots of in-story sightings? (Geobreeders, Lain, GTO, etc) How-tos on procuring and watching fansubs (much easier than it used to be, so not that much involved)? Collecting Mac/Apple-themed anime-style art? iCal calendar of character birthdays? A MacFace face file repository (recently had a Russian guy send me a fabulous collection of .mcface files, but they're poorly documented so it'd take work to track down where they came from and get permission to republish)? Anime-themed software reviews (not much left since the old days of KiSS readers and such)? Anime-themed Mac/iOS game/app reviews (crowded space)?

Those are just a few of the things I'd kicked around mentally and not really gone anywhere with, but I'm open to suggestions and/or volunteers interested in putting something together in any of the above. I can supply the technical knowhow (IT/programming guy at my day job), web design, coding, etc, just short on time and creativity.

Thanks for the interest either way, and I'll also PM you both.

9. gumoz macrumors newbie

I Help with CDN

I can help you with the setup of a Content Delivery Network and that kind of stuff. :)