ANY evidence of a UI change by the turn of Snow Leopard?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MrCheeto, Aug 15, 2009.

1. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

I really enjoyed the Plastic Stripes, the Brushed Metal and the current Gray looks of Aqua over the years, words cannot describe the friendship I've shared with these interface themes...actually that pretty much sums it up.

So I was hoping for a NEW UI as a big surprise from Apple come Snow Leopard release. I guess it's just wishful thinking but I'd die for a Black Purple and Glass interface (think Quicktime X early icon) or at least options to choose different interfaces. I'd have the Plastic stripes on one Mac and the Metal on another and Black on another...it would really be a dream come true.

So has anyone spotted any evidence of a new UI other than the "marble" speculation?

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Check out the screen shots being posted on MR to see for yourself.

3. MrCheeto thread starter macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

-.-

Of COURSE I search the forums before posting ANYTHING, mind pointing me towards something that may help me out with the OP?

4. PurrBall macrumors 6502a

PurrBall

5. MrCheeto thread starter macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

CARP! Are you serial?!

Dammit, if I don't get some new themes I'm gonna go crazy and and beat up a shrub with my bares fisteses!

6. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

It's been confirmed since June that there was no major UI change...super serial dude.

And if the main theme is that much of a glass shard stuck in your urinary track, then stick with Leopard and theme that.

7. MrCheeto thread starter macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

LUL look at those menyooz! The nice black shiny look that I was looking for ^.^

PWNT

8. fswmacguy macrumors 6502

fswmacguy

The Leopard UI will stay in-tact for the most part. Subtle changes in right-click menus (especially on the dock) look like the only real changes.

Personally I think Apple did a great job on the Leopard UI and if it ain't broken don't fix it!

The only thing I would like to see is a slick black interface like what QuicktimeX appears to be in SL. Windows has avoided this type of interface for a long time which makes it perfect for Apple to integrate at the last minute. It would make the OS feel very iPhone-ish, and that's the seamlessness Apple is looking for.

9. MrCheeto thread starter macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

CLEARLY something is awry. First they spend years trying to unify the look across the OS, then they pull THIS on us?! The Quicktime bar doesn't match the rest of the windows!!! WTF?!

Either 1 of 3 things will occur.

Leopard will go down as the only homogenized release of OS X

They will make the rest of the OS match the Quicktime bar

They will make the Quicktime bar match the rest of the OS

What I'd like is something sorta like this:
    [​IMG]